Extreme Terrain Illegally Selling Copyrighted JK Decals

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Hey everyone, I wanted you all to know that I just received the following written apology from Xtreme Terrain.

This was after they vehemently said that it was NOT the same as your copyrighted PJK sticker? :grayno:

I give them credit for finally admitting they were wrong.

TheDuff

This was after they vehemently said that it was NOT the same as your copyrighted PJK sticker? :grayno:

I give them credit for finally admitting they were wrong.

I wouldn't consider the apology as admitting wrong doing. Looked more like a lame excuse and trying to pass it off as a simple misunderstanding... if the sticker had stopped showing up in the printed catalogue within a issue or two of Their initial response to Eddie's first email, then I would feel more compelled to give these guys the benefit of the doubt. But, when I still saw the sticker for sale in no less than three issues following their response to remove it, I can't honestly say the apology was sincerely meant. I'd wager that they had a lot of them printed up and wanted to sell off as many of those as possible before removing it from the physical catalog.... :mad:

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

ScoobyCarolanNC

BTW, I will (n)ot be doing business with them. The main reason is because they did not apologize in any way.

Not jumping down your throat, but even if they were down on both knees apologizing, they still ripped it off. They were banking on it being unprotected. Scumbags. It makes me furious that good people need lawyers to protect their hard work.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Not jumping down your throat, but even if they were down on both knees apologizing, they still ripped it off. They were banking on it being unprotected. Scumbags. It makes me furious that good people need lawyers to protect their hard work.

Talk about a thread revival!? How did you stumble across this one?

Tallhamer

wow. I never knew that extreme terrain was like that I have bought several things from them and got it fast and had no problems. Reading this makes me never want to buy from them again or support them.

CastleRockJeep

Isn't or not the same as the JK forums decal?

From 4/4/14
Sorry Branks, this has been posted and reposted a few times now and so we finally decided to just leave it.

For the record, the Project JK logo as you see it being sold in the Extreme Terrain catalog and up until recently, on their website as well, is registered with the United States Patent and Trademark Office - Registration Number: 3,422,569 (Int. Cl.:9 / Prior U.S. Cls.: 21, 23, 26, 36 and 38). Extreme Terrain blatantly ripped me off and only removed these decals from their website ONLY AFTER a formal decease and desist letter from my attorney was sent to them. Even at that, it was like pulling teeth and they are STILL denying that they've done anything wrong as you can see in the response letter they sent.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Isn't or not the same as the JK forums decal?

Welcome to WAYALIFE, it's nice to see you make a post that isn't a "wave" :crazyeyes:

As it has already been said, no, my copyrighted logo is for my website www.Project-JK.com. While I did own JK-Forum, I sold it to Internet Brands a while ago. They now have their own logo.

Top Bottom