Off Topic Discussion Regarding Extreme Terrain Ripping WAYALIFE Off

tatonka56

I don't know what it is with all the companies ripping me off lately but this is just ridiculous. I've worked hard to come up with my JK logo and paid good money to have it registered with the United States Patent and Trademark Office - Registration Number: 3,422,569 (Int. Cl.:9 / Prior U.S. Cls.: 21, 23, 26, 36 and 38). One would think that in a small community like this, a company trying to sell parts would show a bit more discretion. :naw:
I'm not sure how much royalties you're getting per sticker, but I'm sure it adds up quick and if your attorney doesn't think he/she can prove intent after they sent out their last catalog, you should really consider finding another attorney....I'm not a fan of most attorneys, but they do have their uses...this might be a battle worth fighting. Would hate for them to get away with a "past practice" argument if it's allowed to continue. btw, I just purchased mine from the real deal! ;) A small contribution to a larger cause.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I'm not sure how much royalties you're getting per sticker, but I'm sure it adds up quick and if your attorney doesn't think he/she can prove intent after they sent out their last catalog, you should really consider finding another attorney....I'm not a fan of most attorneys, but they do have their uses...this might be a battle worth fighting. Would hate for them to get away with a "past practice" argument if it's allowed to continue. btw, I just purchased mine from the real deal! ;) A small contribution to a larger cause.

"Intent", "royalties", "past practice"?!?

Lol. Somebody has been watching too much Law and Order (or perhaps stayed at a Holiday Inn last night.)

:cheesy:

tatonka56

No, just 14 years as a cop dealing with jack wagons trying taking advantage of folks...this isn't legal advice (more .02 worth) but you kinda sound like one of the jack wagons.

MTG

Caught the Bug
No, just 14 years as a cop dealing with jack wagons trying taking advantage of folks...this isn't legal advice (more .02 worth) but you kinda sound like one of the jack wagons.

Oh I'm sure he's one of the "jack wagons." :crazyeyes:

2013CGJKU

Haha! Too funny! You must not be from 'round these parts occifer.

Levi

2013 CG JKU 6-speed

JAGS

Hooked

Welcome to Wayalife "officer." 👋

Your 18 posts dont mean shit with comments like that. Might want to check the attitude at the keyboard or take it back to that other place you patrol on the interwebs.

- Jason

tatonka56

Simmer down Jason, your 3k posts doesn't mean anything other than you having too much free time...if you have something worthwhile to add to the actual thread, let's hear it. Seems like some of the 'active' members here simply like letting off steam instead of saying something about the original topic.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Simmer down Jason, your 3k posts doesn't mean anything other than you having too much free time...if you have something worthwhile to add to the actual thread, let's hear it. Seems like some of the 'active' members here simply like letting off steam instead of saying something about the original topic.

What exactly did this add to the thread?:thinking:

JAGS

Hooked

Maybe you should read the thread and others like it before making false observations like this ^^^. I've posted several comments with regard to copyright, and the difficulties surrounding. While limited, I do have some direct knowledge personally as well as for employers/clients.

And no shame for me. I like spending my free time wheeling, with family and friends and chatting up with more friends here.

Why are you here?

- Jason

StrizzyChris

....and he hates lawyers just like you!

Oh I'm sure he's one of the "jack wagons." :crazyeyes:

And you smell like a troll. ( My .03 worth )

see...if we never rolled down our window to this cop(accepted his account) and just cracked it(view as a guest) this argument would have never happened!

I WIN!!! :wings:

2013CGJKU

see...if we never rolled down our window to this cop(accepted his account) and just cracked it(view as a guest) this argument would have never happened!

I see where you're going there... :beer:

It just scares me that some guy with this kind of a defensive short fuse that makes all sorts of mouthy claims without collecting a single bit of evidence on the situation is out there hiding behind a badge. He is one of "those guys".

Levi

2013 CG JKU 6-speed

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug

:cheesy::cheesy: :clap2:

Sharkey

Word Ninja

Sorry for the delayed response. Jack Wagon? I like that. Do you think I should add that to my letterhead right after the part that says "Esq." and right before the part that says "Licensed in Nevada and California"? Or do I need to sit for and pass the bar in a third state before I can put jack wagon after my name? Maybe I need a few more civil jury or bench trials under my belt first?

If you pay attention to this forum at all, you would know I'm typically a huge proponent of LEO's.

Something tells me you aren't going to fall into that category. But, then again, maybe I'm just a jack wagon.

Robar

The Enforcer
Sorry for the delayed response. Jack Wagon? I like that. Do you think I should add that to my letterhead right after the part that says "Esq." and right before the part that says "Licensed in Nevada and California"? Or do I need to sit for and pass the bar in a third state before I can put jack wagon after my name? Maybe I need a few more civil jury or bench trials under my belt first?

If you pay attention to this forum at all, you would know I'm typically a huge proponent of LEO's.

Something tells me you aren't going to fall into that category. But, then again, maybe I'm just a jack wagon.
Jack wagon... :D

Armydog

Nice wrap around (like a reach around) reference...... clever.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app.......

Top Bottom