Welcome to the WAYALIFE.com : More than just a Jeep - It's a way of life!.
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Fresh Catch
    Great write up, got me through my install yesterday. The stock exhaust hangers are a pain on the ass. I recommend greasing the shit out of them. WD40 was just not enough on mine. Sounds amazing, really gives the Jeep life.
    Last edited by leaky10; 03-04-2013 at 10:46 PM.
    2010 Rubicon Unlimited
    www.jk-forum.com

Hooked
    Forgive my seemingly endless ignorance but does installing this also change the exhaust enough to resolve the DS issues with a lift on a '12 or '13 JKU or would exhaust spacers still be advised?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by HoosierWolf View Post
    Forgive my seemingly endless ignorance but does installing this also change the exhaust enough to resolve the DS issues with a lift on a '12 or '13 JKU or would exhaust spacers still be advised?
    No need to apologize for your question, it's a good one and the answer to it is no. If you have a 2012 or newer, this kit will not address your front drive shaft making contact with the "exhaust cross over" when lifted and/or when running shocks that are too long. For this, Dynomax does make a different kit to address it and that's what you would want.

Nothing but a Thing
    Just to add a note, if you have a 2012+ and use the aFe "Y" pipe and have a double cardan driveshaft, you need to wrap the "Y" pipe so the heat won't melt the grease out of your u-joints. Been there and done that.
    Last edited by bdmckenna; 03-09-2013 at 01:40 PM.
    Brian McKenna
    Puyallup, WA
    2012 White JKRU w/Bells & Whistles

Yeah... I wheel. Nuff said.

Hooked
    Thank you guys!

Knows a Thing or Two
    It works for the '13 model but I question the step to cut off 2.5" from the intermediate pipe. I did and the front seam on the muffler sits roughly 1/8" from the cross-member and at certain resonance I can hear it rubbing. I went ahead and ordered a new intermediate pipe and will check it's fitment before cutting this time. I am curious if Eddie cut the one on the Rubicat as it sits aft of the offending cross-member and the aft hanger sits differently than it does on my rig. Overall love the system though just a little install kink that could just be installer error, just means I get to tinker more .

For reference the front seam on my muffler is sitting where Eddie's finger is in Pic 15.

Here is a couple pics of how close it is on my install, new pipe should be here Monday.
    DSC00826.jpgDSC00827.jpg
    Last edited by Beyrgut; 03-10-2013 at 04:48 AM.

Nothing but a Thing
    I didn't cut mine and it fits perfect. I can get pics if you like. I am in a 2013.
    Betty - 2013 Black JKU Rubicon Unlimited
    Wilma - 2013 Dozer JKU Sport Unlimited (Wife's)

Nothing but a Thing
    Betty - 2013 Black JKU Rubicon Unlimited
    Wilma - 2013 Dozer JKU Sport Unlimited (Wife's)

Knows a Thing or Two
    Awesome, I won't plan on cutting it then. I still wonder why they suggest it though...