DynoMax 2012-Up JK Evolution Competition Exhaust System Installation Write-Up

Dean454

So brown santa let me down. I will not be getting my Dynomax exhaust(s) until Monday. So the sound clips will be delayed. :naw:

Dean454

So I got the new exhaust installed on mine and my wife's jk's. Cannot believe how heavy the stock exhaust is and the unnecessary amount of material. New exhaust is light, great clearance and sound

hlax2525

Need Some Help

With the day off from school, i figured it would be a good time to try to get the exhaust done. I was finally able to get the bolt holding the clamp to the rear off, but am having difficulty with the bolt for the clamp on the y-pipe. It is a very tight fit in there, and it doesn't make it any easier with the fact of the rust that has accumulated from the road salt in the winter. Anybody have any tips as how to get that bolt off of there? Also, any tips on getting the hangers to pop loose from the pipes would be greatly appreciated as well.
Thanks

Hobolobo

With the day off from school, i figured it would be a good time to try to get the exhaust done. I was finally able to get the bolt holding the clamp to the rear off, but am having difficulty with the bolt for the clamp on the y-pipe. It is a very tight fit in there, and it doesn't make it any easier with the fact of the rust that has accumulated from the road salt in the winter. Anybody have any tips as how to get that bolt off of there? Also, any tips on getting the hangers to pop loose from the pipes would be greatly appreciated as well.
Thanks

Cant help with the bolts, but use plenty of lithium grease or wd40 and you can get the hangars off pretty easily with the help of a flathead screwdriver.

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
I'm having trouble getting the stock exhaust out...I can't seem to manuver it clear of everything to pull it out...anyone else have this issue?

trailless

Caught the Bug
You just have to try different angles. I remember having to try multiple times to get it out...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
Thanks, I figured that might be the case. I'll go give it another round.

On the 2015 the evap skid plate just was in the way..there was no way. I ended up removing the back 2 bolts of the trans skid and that gave me the room I needed.

Coloradan

On the 2015 the evap skid plate just was in the way..there was no way. I ended up removing the back 2 bolts of the trans skid and that gave me the room I needed.

This is what I had to do on my 2014 as well. Sucks about the EVO Evap skid not being compatible, that was going to be my next add-on.

CrazyTrainJK

Caught the Bug
Installed mine today and really like it. The only thing I did different was instead of using a grinder to remove the lip on the evap skid plate I gave it a few sweet kisses with a hammer and viola it was flat. The droning I can hear is around 1500 rpm when I am in town otherwise nice!!

Morkai

I've always been a Borla fan when it comes to exhaust, just not a fan of their cost, lol. I might have to check this out for my '15...

leaky10

Figures I chime in. I've had this on my jeep for 2 years now and have zero complaints or issues with it. Install was extremely easy. Hardest part was ditching the old one. Maybe an hour install time. Produces a deep throat sound. I have it on a 4 door with no carpet and it is not super noisy inside. Can still carry on a conversation even at highway rpms. Would definitely recommend this.

Top Bottom