Welcome to the WAYALIFE Jeep Forum : More than just a Jeep - It's a way of life!.
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
    Been Around the Block
    Quote Originally Posted by Static83 View Post
    I just installed this exhaust a couple of weeks ago. When giving it some gas in between shifts, or when letting off the gas it makes a popping kind of a sound like its letting go of pressure, its hard to explain, and my phone doesn't pick up the sound very well. Does anybody else get that?
    My favorite noise! I wish mine did this more frequently..

Fresh Catch
    I was told that this noise is caused by the computer limiting injectors 3 and 6 to allow for a smooth non aggressive shift, it was called the 3,6 miss. Now don't take my word for it but it does sound like it makes sense.

Scott

Old Timer
    Mine does it when I tach it up really high at WOT and it shifts. Think it's totally normal!
    Not "living" but "loving" life always!

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?2...-build-thread!

Fresh Catch
    Put mine in today. It was a pain to get the stock muffler pipe out. I ended up using a grinder to cut off the clamps. All my clamp bolts were turned up (facing the floor of the Jeep) and I could not get them to budge even after liberal use of PB Blaster. I also had to remove my transmission skid plate to remove the mid-pipe. The good news... Dynomax Evolution exhaust was a breeze to install, and it sounds great. All in all...4hrs to complete.

Been Around the Block
    Quote Originally Posted by dwilkening View Post
    Put mine in today. It was a pain to get the stock muffler pipe out. I ended up using a grinder to cut off the clamps. All my clamp bolts were turned up (facing the floor of the Jeep) and I could not get them to budge even after liberal use of PB Blaster. I also had to remove my transmission skid plate to remove the mid-pipe. The good news... Dynomax Evolution exhaust was a breeze to install, and it sounds great. All in all...4hrs to complete.
    Wait two months before it really starts to sound great, I've had mine for about 3 months and at first I loved it, now it's even better

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg__Berger View Post
    I've had it on just about a week now and I'm still unsure of whether I like it or not. Sometimes it sounds a little ricey to me and I feel like maybe it's too loud for a daily driver. But, my wife insists that she doesn't mind it, so I'm giving it a little more time.
    Took the word's right out of my mouth

Hooked
    I'm trying to hang in there hoping mine will start to sound better. Mine is very ricey sounding right before it shifts. It's kind of embarrassing.

Caught the Bug
    I went back to stock....that sound was too much for me...glad I saved the stock system!

I was hoping for a throaty V8 sound but with a 6.....you get the sound of a 6....

Hooked
    Quote Originally Posted by lmaya View Post
    I went back to stock....that sound was too much for me...glad I saved the stock system!

I was hoping for a throaty V8 sound but with a 6.....you get the sound of a 6....
    I did this as well, I had an MBRP but I found I really like as much quiet as I can get, just a personal choice
    JohnnyD

SNOBALL:
    2014 JKR Auto Bright White
    Stock 4.10's
    Stock Suspension - ...soon to be changed
    GY MT Kevlar 35x12.5x17
    ATX Artillery 17x9
    JCR Defender w skid
    Warn ZEON 10s
    LED Heads/Fogs
    BW Flats

Hooked
    Unfortunately I didn't keep the stock exhaust so I'm probably going to have to find another muffler that doesn't sound as bad.