DynoMax 2012-Up JK Evolution Competition Exhaust System Installation Write-Up

TooTall

Read this thread but just trying to cover my bases. The "For Off Road Use Only" badge is due only because of its decibel rating is that correct? I know there are plenty of rigs running this as a daily driver. Has anyone ever been harassed or failed inspection in Texas? Thx

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Read this thread but just trying to cover my bases. The "For Off Road Use Only" badge is due only because of its decibel rating is that correct? I know there are plenty of rigs running this as a daily driver. Has anyone ever been harassed or failed inspection in Texas? Thx

Actually, this is stated as the exhaust may not pass some state vehicle inspections. Surprisingly, out here in super strict CA, it's not a problem so I would imagine it wouldn't be for you either. :)

pastorwug

Looking under my Jeep this lunchtime I realized I had installed the Poison Spyder evap canister skid - I'm pretty sure looking at that skid that I'll have to do some modifications if I'm going to keep it.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Looking under my Jeep this lunchtime I realized I had installed the Poison Spyder evap canister skid - I'm pretty sure looking at that skid that I'll have to do some modifications if I'm going to keep it.

I'm not sure how much bigger that skid is but here is a picture of how close the exhaust sits to the stock EVAP.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1377292994.939762.jpg

pastorwug

Got the Dynomax box via UPS yesterday and it was missing tailpipe and pipe between the Y and the muffler!.
Went to my local Muffler guy and he welded it all on, built the missing hangers, built a better tailpipe and we tossed the clamps. $68 later I'm up and running.
Check your box when it comes for missing parts. Dynomax is not open on Saturdays for questions regarding missing parts.

Last edited:

Trembley

Anybody out there with this on a 13' some people comment on a back pressure issue or drone under the seat. Any thoughts on that? Trying to decide between this and the rock crawler unit.

Cheers

SaddleTramp

Anybody out there with this on a 13' some people comment on a back pressure issue or drone under the seat. Any thoughts on that? Trying to decide between this and the rock crawler unit.

Cheers

I would like to know others thoughts on this as well. I'm trying to decide on a new exhaust system that gets rid of the stock muffler out back with better clearance but not too loud. I'm considering ordering the Dynomax muffler that comes with these kits and doing a custom install where I'd keep the stock resonator in front of the Dynomax can to try and keep some of the sound down but get the clearance benefits.

Beyrgut

I have one on my '13 JKU, sounds just like Rubicat's if you watched Eddies sound Vids. It drones in the sub 1500 RPM range but you spend so little time there it's not noticeable. What you will notice is it varying tone and will spend a lot of fuel, I mean time mashing the skinny pedal :crazyeyes:.

I have one on my '13 JKU, sounds just like Rubicat's if you watched Eddies sound Vids. It drones in the sub 1500 RPM range but you spend so little time there it's not noticeable. What you will notice is it varying tone and will spend a lot of fuel, I mean time mashing the skinny pedal :crazyeyes:.

Do you happen to know what the part number on the evo comp exhaust is? I'm trying to get one for my 2012 jku but can't verify the part number or find it anywhere

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Do you happen to know what the part number on the evo comp exhaust is? I'm trying to get one for my 2012 jku but can't verify the part number or find it anywhere

If you hop on dynomax's website they will have it listed.

Sent from my iPhone

Beyrgut

Oh and if the instructions say to cut 2.5" off one of the pipes don't. Better yet just toss the included instructions and follow the writeup :thumb:.

Top Bottom