XJ round 1 finished

1yellowjk

Nice.

What are your plans for "round 2"?

The thing I have found I love about the XJ is that many other parts from various vehicles work on the XJ and help keep costs down.

- S-10 leafs
- WJ knuckles
etc...

also brackets are cheap and can net a good lift in the back as well.

I hit the local pull a part lot and went to town, I made a list of everything I wanted and then picked and picked, found a speaker bar that I'm going to fiberglass and center mount...I love my xj (more when I fix my "Murder Wobble") < it's way worse than death wobble. :)

metalic

I'm building my lift instead of buying a kit.I try and build as much as possible. I've dine bumpers and sliders on our JKU. Suspension is done except for a track bar which I haven't decided which one to get. Looking at building One tone steering, getting a Aussie or spartan for front and maybe rear. I really wanted to wheel the JK but my wife likes driving it so much I decided to budget build an XJ and glad I did and can wheel it and drop the JK top for the country cruiser occasional creek bottom trip.

1yellowjk

I'm building my lift instead of buying a kit.I try and build as much as possible. I've dine bumpers and sliders on our JKU. Suspension is done except for a track bar which I haven't decided which one to get. Looking at building One tone steering, getting a Aussie or spartan for front and maybe rear. I really wanted to wheel the JK but my wife likes driving it so much I decided to budget build an XJ and glad I did and can wheel it and drop the JK top for the country cruiser occasional creek bottom trip.

I have a spartan in the front and love it, does a great job on the trail.

Building your own lift is the way to go, I have about four or five companies into my lift. RC,RE,Tera Flex, Rusty's...I think that's all, maybe a few "homemade" things as well.

Keep us posted on the build, I wish I had then energy to document my builds....just to damn lazy to take pictures. :)

metalic

Round 2 complete
Spartan locker, PS diff cover adjustable CA, beefier tie rod, welded some LCA skids on and gusseted the passenger UCA Mount.

Took the wife's JKU to badlands and had a blast but was cautious as its a dd. Bow its time to beat up the XJ and wait for round 3.

Round 3 will only happen when or if I break stock axles and then on to junkyard tons.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom