Tire Plug

MrJ3sser

A little over a month ago I got a nail in my tire. :doh: I took it to Discount Tire and they plugged it for free. (Awesome) I'm heading to Moab with some friends the weekend after EJS and am going to be airing my tires down for the first time. (I'm a newb and have no way to air them back up.) Is it safe to air this tire down and use it on the trails?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
The puncture wasn't in the sidewall was it?

You will be fine. Ttfhell got a puncture in his sidewall on a trip one time and we patched it and he drove the rest of the trails and time on the road before getting it fixed. At least 500 miles.

MTG

Caught the Bug

You will be fine. Ttfhell got a puncture in his sidewall on a trip one time and we patched it and he drove the rest of the trails and time on the road before getting it fixed. At least 500 miles.

What did you use to patch it? Do you have a repair kit now? :D

MrJ3sser

No it is in between the treads. Thanks. I figured it would be fine but better safe than sorry.

Top Bottom