Obama/Romney Jeep War Rumors

Jiffy05

Listen folks, take a trip outside the US to a third-world style country and you'll quickly discover that even if EVERYONE in the US drove those stupid Prius cars it won't help:
Kathmandu, Nepal - been there 6 times - easily one of the most polluted cities in the world, nestled in the beautiful Himilayas.
Any city in India - been there more than I want to - pollution on top of pollution - no infrastructure to speak of - raw waste rolling down the streets, children picking food out of garbage, etc.
Mexico City - like they care! Rated one of the most polluted cities known - no hope in site there.
Shanghai - you can hardly breathe there! No Prius in site as far as I could tell. Raw chemicals dumping into the Yangtze, good luck with them.
Bangladesh - ditto
Sri Lanka - ditto plus
Bangkok - polluted in every possible way. Moral and physical.
Vietnam - like Bangkok

Trouble is most liberals and "Al Gore followers" are so near-sighted they refuse to see anything but what they want to - thus the agenda of global warming.
So, turn your eyes from the real problems and believe incandescent lighting is the world's biggest polluter; plastic bags, etc. - all that is bound to change the world's problems. :doh:

A Prius actually does more harm to the environment than a normal car does.

StrizzyChris

Science. Fact. Ignorance is choice.

By definition, this is terribly inaccurate!

I spent 2-1/2 months in Alaska last summer, and yes, the glaciers are melting. But so what, weather is cyclic

^^^this! Scientists were shitting themselves the first few years of the national spotlight on ice caps melting....then they did their FACT finding scientific due diligence and realized that this happened many years before the "humans and all their Fords were the only thing that could be responsible". I remember growing up these same FACTS were that hairspray cans released the gasses responsible for all the holes in our ozone layer.

The biggest thing i have learned from my profession is...if you keep looking for FACTS in your science and you'll also keep finding holes in them my good man!

Serg5000

Unless each and every country is held to the same standard to prevent global pollution, nothing will change. And I won't give a sh!t.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I can't change your mind, but I can show you multiple scientific studies from around the world. The choice of what you want to believe is up to you. Too bad the wrong choice will kill billions, displace nations, and alter the world as it is today.

I've got a family member who is quite literally a nuclear physicist. His dad is in the Smithsonian as one of the creators of the first U.S. Satellites. Smart people for sure.

Anyway, a few years ago I asked him about global warming. He responded as follows: "We [a team of scientists with whom he works] have been tracking the temperature on Mars for many years. The temperature on Mars is climbing at the same rate as here on Earth. I'm quite certain there are no SUVs on Mars."

That was the end of our discussion.

Last edited:

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I've got a family member who is quite literally a nuclear physicist. His dad is in the Smithsonian as one of the creators of the first U.S. Satellites. Smart people for sure.

Anyway, a few years ago I asked him about global warming. He responded as follows: "We [a team of scientists with whom he works] have been tracking the temperature on Mars for many years. The temperature on Mars is climbing at the same rate as here on Earth. I'm quite certain there are no SUVs on Mars."

That was the end of our discussion.

^^^^winning!

Now if we could just convince the inventor of the Internet (Al Gore)

Landman

I edited this lol but why bring politics into a conversation like this? It's been talked about since I was a kid in the 80s?
Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

TheStick

There's an agenda behind any point of view so let's leave out the politics.

That's why it's impossible to have the discussion without politics. The actual data on the subject is extremely limited when you consider the number of years data has been collected and it's relevance to the cycles on earth. Changes over the last century is a drip in the bucket when trying to determine what is happening overall.

But the politics is what makes it so debated. If it were just the discussion of the facts, the discussion would end quickly.

Data on temperatures over a small amount of time are facts but what they mean is where the debate and politics come in. Whether it's man made or not is still in discussion between real scientists, just not certain politicians.

Look at the laws that have come from the political side of the issue. Less liberty as is usually the case.

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”

StrizzyChris

TheStick....with some more logical responses like that...you may quickly become my new favorite "less vocal member" :daydream:

Landman

I disagree, political involvement is only the result of money being trickled down the pipeline, and you or me believing one political backing over another. The real issue at hand is what kind of impact are we having, how long do we have to fix it, and renewable energy.

TheStick

TheStick....with some more logical responses like that...you may quickly become my new favorite "less vocal member" :daydream:

:cheesy:

The real issue at hand is what kind of impact are we having, how long do we have to fix it, and renewable energy.

The problem I have is you do not see those questions being asked, what you see are the governments proposed “solutions” without even knowing the answers.

And the solutions are always the same. Mandates, fees, taxes, laws and regulation. More government power and less individual freedom. This seems to be Washington’s “answer” to everything.

Landman

I agree with you 100% and it's why I hate politics seemingly melted with every topic or subject when it doesn't have to be that way. In a perfect world hahah!

Landman

I guess what I really meant to say is: "since it's a political topic 99% of the time, let's take the high road outta here."

TheStick

Not sure if this was directed at me, but if so it misses the point I was making. I am however curious why this chart shows less than half the temperature rise than claim before?

Top Bottom