Obama/Romney Jeep War Rumors

bigtrucker52

Hey everyone. Has anyone heard about this jeep bs with President Obama and Senator Romney? I've heard some friends saying that obama may ban jeeps and i've done some researching and some articles say that there's a w war going on between the two on the topic. They said that they may move the production of jeeps to china. What's up with that s$&@? If they do it will be the worst decesion ever made. The chinese will completely destroy the legendary jeep brand as we know it in my oppinion. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

StrizzyChris

I'd like to see what you have read to see if it's a credible source or all the BS political sites that have exploded over the past few years.

Most companies are coming to the US to build plants because they are cheaper than shipping. I find it hard to believe that the wrangler will ever be built outside of our borders.

bigtrucker52

I'd like to see what you have read to see if it's a credible source or all the BS political sites that have exploded over the past few years.

Most companies are coming to the US to build plants because they are cheaper than shipping. I find it hard to believe that the wrangler will ever be built outside of our borders.

It's probably bs sites but search Obama puts ban on jeeps and all these things come up but they basically say about the same.

kaptkrappy

I just searched the internets and he's right, there are a couple of posts about the president banning Jeeps.

They are both posts from some guy named "bigtrucker52"

kornchip

I bet someone with a screen name like "bigtrucker52" has a completely unbiased opinion and should be kept as a legit credible source for political information.

bigtrucker52

For you're information i did not specifically say that obama is going to ban jeeps i specifically said that i had heard from several friends of mine saying that so lay-off!

Landman

Obama is going to ban Jeeps.... where does this stuff come from?

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

bigtrucker52

To be exact it's not really a ban. That's what some people i know told me but when you research it you find a lot of different stuff

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

One of them incorrectly stated that Jeep assembly would be moved to china. The truth, they will ALSO be assembled in China to grow that market without the high import costs. Wranglers apparently are quite popular there. I also read that they started to initiate the facility out there.

For you're information i did not specifically say that obama is going to ban jeeps i specifically said that i had heard from several friends of mine saying that so lay-off!

No need to get yourself all worked up, BUT, the "he said she said" from your high school friends is hardly credible information. You should make an effort at getting your story/facts straight before you go snapping at people.

BlackRockBurner

China has huge tariffs for cars not made in country, pricing US imports out of the market. Basically doubling the cost. Jeep BU plant in China means they can sell in that market. Complain all we want on raising CAFE numbers, but it has to be done. Greenland ice shelf is melting centuries sooner than the worse case plan, with a possible 20 foot rise in world sea level. So, all the talk on banning Jeeps is placing fear and driving an agenda for oil interests. Mobile Oil just made a statement that they recognize mans influence on climate change and plan to solve the issue by using more oil.? As for Romney: recall he wanted to shut down GM and sees Tesla as a losing business.

trailless

Caught the Bug
Hey everyone. Has anyone heard about this jeep bs with President Obama and Senator Romney?

Nope.

I've heard some friends saying that obama may ban jeeps and i've done some researching and some articles say that there's a w war going on between the two on the topic. They said that they may move the production of jeeps to china. What's up with that s$&@?

That may be true BUT any of the articles I could find were dated back in October 2012. :sigh: From what I could gather in a couple minutes of researching was that Chrysler was looking at reviving its brand in China.

If they do it will be the worst decesion ever made. The chinese will completely destroy the legendary jeep brand as we know it in my oppinion.

Why do you think that? You do realize China accounts for most of our household items. Not to mention most of the wheels available in the world are made in China. It's more so the quality control a company enforces than where the item is made. Crazy I know! :crazyeyes:

Any thoughts?

I think a little bit of research could have made you more knowledgeable about this subject. You might have been able to come up with a better defense than " i specifically said that i had heard from several friends of mine saying that so lay-off!" when confronted ;)

JK's JK

Banned
No need to get yourself all worked up, BUT, the "he said she said" from your high school friends is hardly credible information. You should make an effort at getting your story/facts straight before you go snapping at people.

Is your leather fuzzy G-string getting bunched again..:cheesy:

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
China has huge tariffs for cars not made in country, pricing US imports out of the market. Basically doubling the cost. Jeep BU plant in China means they can sell in that market. Complain all we want on raising CAFE numbers, but it has to be done. Greenland ice shelf is melting centuries sooner than the worse case plan, with a possible 20 foot rise in world sea level. So, all the talk on banning Jeeps is placing fear and driving an agenda for oil interests. Mobile Oil just made a statement that they recognize mans influence on climate change and plan to solve the issue by using more oil.? As for Romney: recall he wanted to shut down GM and sees Tesla as a losing business.

Another one falling for the climate change B.S.!

bigtrucker52

Nope.

That may be true BUT any of the articles I could find were dated back in October 2012. :sigh: From what I could gather in a couple minutes of researching was that Chrysler was looking at reviving its brand in China.

Why do you think that? You do realize China accounts for most of our household items. Not to mention most of the wheels available in the world are made in China. It's more so the quality control a company enforces than where the item is made. Crazy I know! :crazyeyes:

I think a little bit of research could have made you more knowledgeable about this subject. You might have been able to come up with a better defense than " i specifically said that i had heard from several friends of mine saying that so lay-off!" when confronted ;)

True but that was going off of the 10 minutes i had to research it at school. And it would be bad if they moved all of the jeep assembly line to china because jeep is an american company not chinese so not only will a ton of of americans loose their jobs but also you don't know what they will do to it

StrizzyChris

Well technically they are now an Italian company since Fiat came along and took over. Kinda like Hondas....Japanese company who's cars are more made in America than GMC, Chevy, or Ford!

trailless

Caught the Bug
True but that was going off of the 10 minutes i had to research it at school. And it would be bad if they moved all of the jeep assembly line to china because jeep is an american company not chinese so not only will a ton of of americans loose their jobs but also you don't know what they will do to it

Yeah, sorry if I was a bit rude. I understand where you're coming from. I'd love to see more Made in the USA stickers.

Top Bottom