Problem with 4x4

Dark_Star

Has anyone else had a problem with their jeeps 4x4 light not coming on when shifted into 4wd? Or flickering on and off in 2wd. Or the CPU not recognizing 4 low? I've had it to the dealer for this problem before and they fixed it under warranty. However I'm out of warranty now, and the problem has returned! I would like to fix this one on my own. Any input help!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Buster3479

Can you feel 4wd engaging? Is it just the light, or is it an engagement problem altogether. In 4lo, are you getting the ESP turned off light?

Dark_Star

Yes it physically goes into 4x4! It's not the dash bulb. The esp does not turn off in 4 lo? Most of the time in 4 lo the CPU thinks it's in 4 high cause the 4wd light is on but esp doesn't shut off like it's supposed to. Sometimes after driving for 5 to 10 minutes the 4wd light will come on and flicker while going down the highway in 2wd?

Hey dude,

I work in guelph and live in flamborough I can help you out if you wanna meet up sometime my buddies are chrysler class A techs at dealer and we all have JKU theres a little crew of us haha shoot me a PM if you wanna meet up and we can take a look at it sometime

we also have a coffee meet every tuesday in milton not to far! at 7pm on market drive

cheers

BlackRockBurner

Where is the switch located that turns the 4x4 dash light on / off? Mine stays on but I know it's in 2 wheel drive. Still engages into 4x4.

Dark_Star

Where is the switch located that turns the 4x4 dash light on / off? Mine stays on but I know it's in 2 wheel drive. Still engages into 4x4.

I'm assuming its on the transfer case somewhere! Gonna have to crawler under there at some point and have a look. Was hoping someone on the forum had this problem and knew what the cause was!

Has anyone else had a problem with their jeeps 4x4 light not coming on when shifted into 4wd? Or flickering on and off in 2wd. Or the CPU not recognizing 4 low? I've had it to the dealer for this problem before and they fixed it under warranty. However I'm out of warranty now, and the problem has returned! I would like to fix this one on my own. Any input help!

Look at the work order from when you had this last done by the dealer and start troubleshooting there. I keep all my records just for the reason.

R/
Will

cmireles

I was at the dealer for a different issue after my warranty expired. I was told if my issue was listed as a pre existing condition before the time of warranty expiration, they would have honored the warranty fix. So, you SHOULD be able to get warranty coverage here, am I right? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Top Bottom