Death Valley Wildflowers Camping Trip 2014

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hey everyone, I know this is all very last minute and all but, I just saw an article in a local paper that in spite of the drought, there's a decent showing of wildflowers out in Death Valley right now. Needless to say, Cindy and I are planning to head out there this weekend to see them and do some camping as well. The plan is to meet up in Big Pine early Saturday morning and head out to the Eureka Sand Dunes where the Evening Primrose is supposed to be real nice right now. From there, we will head up into the Saline Valley and then up to the Race Tracks where we will setup camp. On Sunday, we will head out Lee Flat where the Joshua Trees are supposed to be in full bloom as well and then make our way back to the 359 and home. The only requirements you will need to have are tow points front and rear. I will post up more details as soon as I can.

If you think you might want to join us, please let me know. And, for those who are interested, Cindy and I will be staying in Big Pine on Friday night. :cool:

Who's Going List
1. Cindy & Eddie
2. Moochie
3. JeepFan
4. JKRay
5. IBeHeWhoIsJoshua
6. Trail Bud

:cool:

JeepFan

Hooked
Count us in too! We visited the poppy reserve in Quartz Hill last weekend so this will be great...:thumb:

Poppies.jpg

Last edited:

Bullwinckle

Hooked
Count me in as well it's been too long since I hung out with y'all plus iv been wanting to see those dunes since before I had my jeep. 😁🍻

Ray ⛺

MTG

Caught the Bug
Sometimes I like to refer to my office as death valley and I'll be camping out there this weekend as well.

Have fun! Yet another trip I'll miss. :sigh:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Aren't you guys heading to EJS this year?
:beer:

Unfortunately, this will be the first year in a really long time that we will not be going to EJS. Have some family commitments I need to attend to next week.

Im really thinking about going...When will you head up there? Friday some time or real early Saturday?

Cindy and I will be staying the night at Big Pine on Friday. I think Moochie, Tony, Stephanie and Ray will be too. If you are coming, let me know and I will send you info on where we will be staying. I'm hoping to meet up for breakfast at 7am at the Country Kitchen and then be on the road by 8am.

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

Unfortunately, this will be the first year in a really long time that we will not be going to EJS. Have some family commitments I need to attend to next week.

Cindy and I will be staying the night at Big Pine on Friday. I think Moochie, Tony, Stephanie and Ray will be too. If you are coming, let me know and I will send you info on where we will be staying. I'm hoping to meet up for breakfast at 7am at the Country Kitchen and then be on the road by 8am.

If you wouldn't mind PMing me the info, I will make the call tomorrow and see if I can afford the hotel with my Rubicon parts list and plans...plus 3.21's and 35's HORRIBLE mileage haha But I will plan it all out tomorrow and let you know! This would be a really nice little trip!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If you wouldn't mind PMing me the info, I will make the call tomorrow and see if I can afford the hotel with my Rubicon parts list and plans...plus 3.21's and 35's HORRIBLE mileage haha But I will plan it all out tomorrow and let you know! This would be a really nice little trip!

Sure, I will do that now and will hope you can make it. I think rooms are only $65 a night.

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

Any fun wheeling? Im rubbing my rear fenders just over landing to work...I will try to trim just the rears before Friday...afraid any flexing at all will rip those off.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Any fun wheeling? Im rubbing my rear fenders just over landing to work...I will try to trim just the rears before Friday...afraid any flexing at all will rip those off.

It's hard to say for sure. There were some big rains that tore up most of the trails last August and it is possible that we will see some flexing. I think you'll be fine though. I don't even have rocker guards listed as a minimum requirement as we really shouldn't need them.

Should I add you to the list?

Yup for a queen bed only it's $72.80 after tax I just make reservations and should be there around 8pm :D

Ray ⛺

Right on :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What time do you guys think you'll be there? You think you'll make it up for dinner or show up afterwards?

Top Bottom