Goodyear Duratrac

Logan1982

Is it just me or is Goodyear now offering Duratracs in 255/75/17 which is my current stock size SRA's? I just went onto the Tire Rack website and noticed this. They only weigh in at 35lbs!!!

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Have you tried contacting Discount Tire about this? If not, may I recommend that you do. They help support this forum and have been very good about assisting members.

jeeeep

Hooked
great thing about Discount Tire is they will take care of you anywhere they have a location.

My best experience with them..I got in some Texas mesquite bush and punctured 2 tires, I called for the nearest location and not only did they stay late waiting for me, but since they didn't have the tires I needed, they had tires delivered from another location.
not that all locations will do the same, but they have some great customer service and warranties.

2trackin

I definitely give discount a vote. I have a friend from school who is now a manager at a local store. I wanted toyos and they normally don't carry them. But he special ordered them for me and still gave me a great price on them just to keep my business. They know how to create local customers and it's with customer service and sometimes nearly taking a loss on one sale in order to keep you coming back for all your future tire needs.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

2trackin

Oh and sorry I don't know about the tire sizes. But I really liked my duratracs on my old xj.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Is it just me or is Goodyear not offering Duratracs in 255/75/17 which is my current stock size SRA's? I just went onto the Tire Rack website and noticed this. They only weigh in at 35lbs!!!

I don't believe they make them in the stock size. Just go with 265/70R17s

Logan1982

Thanks guys. I just called DT and they confirmed that Goodyear is now offering the Duratracs in the Jeep JK stock size of 255/75/17. My question is would I be able to run them on a 8" wide wheel? I know it's only a half inch up from the stock wheel but is that too wide for a 10" tire?

Last edited:

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Thanks guys. I just called DT and they confirmed that Goodyear is now offering the Duratracs in the Jeep JK stock size of 255/75/17. My question is would I be able to run them on a 8" wide wheel? I know it's only a half inch up from the stock wheel but is that too wide for a 10" tire?

It'll be fine, but if you plan on wheeling it at all, having them on an 8" wheel may cause the beads to break a little easier, but I doubt a 1/2" wider would cause any issues.

Cajun JK

How good are the duratracks in the rain? I am running the stock SR-A's now and my 2 door is hydro planning all over the road. I want to replace them, but not sure about the goodyears. Any other good AT tires that can handle the rain?

sarabooasu

I just installed 255/75R17 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs on 17x8 Dick Cepek Torque Gunmetal wheels. I think they look amazing. Quiet, smooth ride.

20141022_073802.jpg

20141022_073820.jpg

JKWrang

Duratracs are hands down some of the best all weather, all season, all terrain tires out there.

Snow, rain, sleet, hail, perfect weather, no matter what my Duratracs were full of traction and beasts in terms of performance.

In terms of wheeling, the sidewall is a little weaker than a Nitto - but for daily use you really CAN NOT beat a Duratrac. I recommend these tires to anyone looking for a decent off road tire with fantastic winter performance and all year round road manners.

Just my :twocents:

Top Bottom