Remote start

Texasjeep01

I have a manual tj and on almost all remote start controls it says you have to leave it on and then closet the door and it'll shut off then you have to leave the door closed to remote start it. I also read remote start works on manuals What if I want to leave the doors off? Anybody here have a remote start system? All details would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
i know my brother had a remote start in his old car that was stick. not a jeep obviously but it works. maybe there is a way to have it work with the doors off.

pvanweelden

I've had remote starts in manuals before, usually you want to wire up the safety trigger wire (auto's= when it is park- basically a normally closed circuit, that will prevent the vehicle from starting unless it is in Park)- on a manual you can use the parking brake as that safety wire- so it will only start if the parking brake is set. of course there is no guaranty that the vehicle is in neutral.
on a tj- the only sensor that the vehicle sees relating to the doors is the dome light triggers. remove the fuse so the domelight doesn't stay on with the doors removed, and you should be fine with the remote start.

sean.m.adams33

I had remote start on a manual honda I had back in the day, I started it on accident while in gear and it went through a gate in the driveway. Be very careful. I would not recommend it.

DMF

I have the Viper 5706 on my '14 Jeep with auto and can remote start it with the doors open. My safety switch is connected to the hood latch. My prev vehicle I had the viper 5902 and also that was hooked up to my hood latch, not the doors.

The only problem I have with my current remote start is every 2-3 months the hood sensor does not see the hood as being lock and the remote start will not work. The only fix so far is to go back to the installer so they can reprogram the alarm with the bit writer. Viper tech said they have a fix for that now.

Top Bottom