Ford ecoboost in a JK?!

cmireles

It may not be what you want to hear but this is a good suggestion. Still, I would love to see a Ford powered Jeep.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yeh it's definitely the easier choice. I'm just so curious as to what an ecoboost would do for a wrangler.

Flatattack

First off I must say that I don't have a Ford Ecoboost. I do however have two buddies that do. They both (equally) regret choosing the Ecoboost over the V8 option. They are both driving Ford Fx4 Crew cab pickups. Both are get between 12-14 MPG's average. Needless to say they are both very disappointed with the purchase.

dotyank

I had the 5.7 in my crewcab. It got around 15. There's a man 30 min from me with an older model I think tj. It has a 350 in it.

Sent from my SM-N900R4 using WAYALIFE mobile app

cmireles

First off I must say that I don't have a Ford Ecoboost. I do however have two buddies that do. They both (equally) regret choosing the Ecoboost over the V8 option. They are both driving Ford Fx4 Crew cab pickups. Both are get between 12-14 MPG's average. Needless to say they are both very disappointed with the purchase.

My grandfather had this engine in his 2014 explorer. Highway mpg was around 24 and damn could I feel every bit of the 365 hp. They must've been pulling a full payload and hauling to capacity or something lol

BlackRubiJKU

EcoBoost

So check check this out. I just so happen to have at my disposal the following:

-2013 ford 3.5L ecoboost engine/trans pulled from an explorer sport
-A grandfather who is a great mechanic/welder/fabricator/creative mind

Opinions anyone? I think this is a really cool idea, given the 365 hp engine is much more powerful and fuel efficient than this damn 3.8 liter. Plus it sound fun and challenging. I get to feel like an engineer for a little lol

Would be going in a 2010 JK 2 door sport

If you have ever ridden in anything with an ecoboost you'll know it's bad ass. I have seen Mustangs and F-150 with simple tunes that put out 500 ft/lb of torque. I was at ATCO raceway in NJ and saw an ecoboosted supercrew 4x4 F-150 run a 13 flat in the quarter, and it looked, and sounded stock.

rockcrawler26

I'm a massive ford guy when it comes to my trucks so I say do it. Everyone else who does the conversion does the same thing so this would be an awesome change and if it works I may consider it once I get some money.

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKUndaunted

For what it would cost you and the headaches I would sell the ecoboost and buy an LS with a kit from motech.

I agree. Personally I am dubious as to the reliability of the ecoboost. Small capacity with big power comes at a price. Normally at the expense of con rod bearings.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom