#5 build thread

NV375

Today I installed a hitch I picked up from Sharkey Friday.
Getting ready.
1401233908837.jpg
On
1401234019137.jpg
Some spare tire/tailgate protection.
1401234153940.jpg
I also added some DT stickers. Too bad one of them is not straight.
1401234324225.jpg
Sent using the WAYALIFE mobile app

DA RUNT

Been following your build and it looks awesome!!! Crooked is the only way i know how to install stickers lol

NV375

Been following your build and it looks awesome!!! Crooked is the only way i know how to install stickers lol
Thanks.

I installed the one on the shady side first and had to break out the heat gun. On the sunny side I sprayed the solution on and most of it must have evaporated instantly there was no repositioning that one.

Last edited:

DA RUNT

Thanks.

I installed the one on the shady side first and had to brake out the heat gun. On the sunny side I sprayed the solution on and most of it must have evaporated instantly there was no repositioning that one.

I know if you spray a little soapy water down first you can re-position them before it dries. Just a mild dilution.

NV375

I got in a rush and and messed up. I should have turned the jeep around, cooled down the fender and worked in the shade. I have the stickers in two other colors so I will eventually change them out for a solid black or red decals.

NV375

Added an aftermarket trailer wiring harness. I decided not to get one that snaps into the factory hitch location. I have seen many of the ones I looked at took hits. Cost was $15 online for the pigtail and some parts I already had.
1402283273457.jpg
1402283304977.jpg
1402283335412.jpg
1402283362180.jpg
1402283382108.jpg
Some of the pigtails available come with clips but since I was not using the factory location I just used the least expensive one I found. A Hopkins #42635 and added split loom and clips I had in the garage.

NV375

Had 35 in Trail Graplers mounted and reinstalled TPM sensors.
1403894259767.jpg
The crew at Discount Tire Kingman, AZ seemed a little surprised that the 35 in TGs were noticeably heavier than the 37 in KM2s that came off.

NV375

Truck-lite Headlights have been ordered from a forum sponsor. I drove to work in the dark a few times recently and found I tried to turn on the high beams when they were already on. :doh: I am looking forward to the cow illuminating power of Truck-lites. :thumb:

NV375

Just placed an order for some more parts.
EVO Front Lower Short Arms
EVO Rock Star Skids
EVO Rear Trackbar Bracket
EVO Plush Ride 3" Rear Coil Springs
EVO C2 Axle Gussets & Control Arm Skids

I had some overtime at work and the extra cash was burning a hole in pockets. Now I'm :broke: again. :doh:

NV375

Truck-lite Headlights are on. I can't wait to see how they work on the way to work this week.

SaddleTramp

EVO Rock Star Skids

I had some overtime at work and the extra cash was burning a hole in pockets. Now I'm :broke: again. :doh:

Dave, can't wait to see all of this once installed on your rig, looking great.

Was great to meet you all last week, we'll have to plan to get together on a run ASAP. Scott

utiadam

LOSER
Looking good so far! How did you like installing the 2 flag nuts on the Evo D rings? lol, I spent a couple days doing my left side. I still need to do the right side.

JKBlackie

EVO Rock Star Skids

Your rig looks great! Are you planning on running the 3" Plush Coils in the rear with your Rancho 2" Sport Kit up front?

NV375

Looking good so far! How did you like installing the 2 flag nuts on the Evo D rings? lol, I spent a couple days doing my left side. I still need to do the right side.

It was almost easy on right side compared to the left side. I had to open the gap up some on the left side. I used a Blue Point magnetic pick up tool to hold and retrieve the flag nut on the right side.

Irish JK

Caught the Bug
EVO Rock Star Skids

Control arm skids are very nice to have in my opinion.

utiadam

LOSER
It was almost easy on right side compared to the left side. I had to open the gap up some on the left side. I used a Blue Point magnetic pick up tool to hold and retrieve the flag nut on the right side.

I think it's a little harder with the fascia on. You can barely see through the tiny hole in front.

Top Bottom