#5 build thread

NV375

Your rig looks great!
Thanks.
Are you planning on running the 3" Plush Coils in the rear with your Rancho 2" Sport Kit up front?
Possibly for the short term. I think it will put me back near factory rake. The 2" coils and 3/4" spacers gave me exactly 3" of lift in front. I plan to install plush rides in the front after a new front DS when I can install longer front shocks and track bar bracket. My current rear shocks are plenty long now.
Then I will have an almost complete Enforcer lift. The nice thing is cost of parts is almost the same as the kit and I am buying parts as I can.

Sent using the WAYALIFE mobile app

NV375

Dave, can't wait to see all of this once installed on your rig, looking great.

Was great to meet you all last week, we'll have to plan to get together on a run ASAP. Scott

It was great seeing and talking to several jeep enthusiasts that night.

I have been working on a route from the I15 mm 100 to Caliente for lunch, then to Rachel to camp or get a room. The next day explore north of Rachel to see some old mine and mill sites and goldfish in the desert. People could join one or both days.

Last edited:

SaddleTramp

It was great seeing and talking to several jeep enthusiasts that night.

I have been working on a route from the I15 mm 100 to Caliente for lunch, then to Rachel to camp or get a room. The next day explore north of Rachel to see some old mine and mill sites and goldfish in the desert. People could join one or both days.

Sounds great, let me know when you all do this. Always willing to head up your way and explore around.

NV375

Sounds great, let me know when you all do this. Always willing to head up your way and explore around.

Not ready to pick a date yet but, thinking October for the run. I still would like to pre run sections for timing purposes but, with all this rain things could change anyway.

JKBlackie

Thanks.

Possibly for the short term. I think it will put me back near factory rake. The 2" coils and 3/4" spacers gave me exactly 3" of lift in front. I plan to install plush rides in the front after a new front DS when I can install longer front shocks and track bar bracket. My current rear shocks are plenty long now.
Then I will have an almost complete Enforcer lift. The nice thing is cost of parts is almost the same as the kit and I am buying parts as I can.

Let me know how that works out! I'm wanting to get the 2" sport kit from Rancho and it'd be good to know there's an option if I want more lift.

NV375

More parts accumulation taking place. My Maxxima LED stop/tail/turn back up lights to go in the rear corners I plan to install.
1409371524479.jpg

NV375

Added a Need/want/wish list to my first post in this thread. I will update provide more detail as I have time. No real order to the list. I just realized I did not list gears. Gears are at the top of my list since the jeep is now a DD.

NV375

Updated first post to reflect the driver side tuffy drawer and parts on order. As mentioned in a post on a different thread I also finally got around to blacking out the wheel wells with black bedliner in a can.
1413869324543.jpg
1413869376132.jpg
1413869444752.jpg

NV375

Your rig at ORE it looks like?

Are you asking Scott if his is jeep is at ORE? Mine is not I was hoping to have mine there by now but, I did not set aside as much spare cash as I had hoped this summer. Looks like I will have to do more labor myself than I was planning on.

NV375

Rig is looking great Dave, let's plan to meet up soon!

Thanks.

I still need to do something for rear bumpstop extensions. I do not want to do any extreme flexing until I finish up the suspension conversion to the EVO parts I have been collecting. I need one inch bumpstop extensions now but will need 3 inches when done.

The invitation to come up this way and have me show you around some of the local sites still stands.

NV375

Some photos from the weekend.
1415632913684.jpg
1415632995219.jpg
1415633058562.jpg
1415633190749.jpg
These were taken during a little site seeing trip around our area.

stweasel

Love the build thread, will definitely need to explore up north more as have only been to Delamar and Beaver Dam in Lincoln County.

NV375

I have crushed the oil pan pretty good. Have I likely damaged the pickup? How hard of a fix?

NV375

Picked it up from the dealer Friday and seems good so far. New oil pan, oil pump and oil pickup installed.

Top Bottom