Newbie Near St. Louis

BdugJK

Hello all my name is Brandon. Bought my first jeep a few weeks ago, 2012 JK 4dr, and took it out the next day to get it a little dirty. Only mods are Rampage 2" step rails, wife requested them. If anyone could, let me know where to go trail riding in the StL area.

IMG_0161.jpg

BdugJK

Florida and Bumper questions

Thanks for the reply.

The wife and I vacation in Florida near St. Petersburg. Any ideas on good trail rides around there? Also I have been looking at bumpers, a lot of expensive ones of course, and came across Rough Country's Hybrid Stubby Winch Bumper. Has anyone seen, have, or used one? It's listed at $219 on their sight.

http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep-jk-stubby-winch-bumper-1059.html

Welcome! I'm in the Saint Louis area as well and I've got a billet JKU :thumb:

There are a few places around, but most of them are 1.5 hours or so away.
Washita in Farmington, MO
-Awesome rock crawling but only open to select group sponsored runs. Check Midwest Jeep Thing for details.
Letz Go Nutz in Fulton, MO
Sayersbrooke Bison Ranch
- Also only open to select events.
Flat Nasty
Moonlight
Southern Missouri Offroad Ranch SMORR near Springfield, MO
- Supposed to be one of the top parks in the Midwest, but I haven't made it there yet.

RUBINOT

Caught the Bug
Welcome aboard and congrats on your JKU.

I'm from St. Charles.

Check out midwestjeepthing.com and Jeeping Mid Rivers on Facebook. They are both great local clubs that do lots of wheeling.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using WAYALIFE mobile app

BdugJK

Thank you both for the responses. I joined Midwestjeepthing since they are local. Looks like I will have to make a day trip and go somewhere. What would you guys recommend as the best place for a newbie? My off road experience is four wheeling (ATV) as a kid and "muddin" in high school. I want to go somewhere fun but easy the first time. Plus I am all stock, for now....

RUBINOT

Caught the Bug
You'll be very surprised at how well a stock JKU does off road. Mine is stock at this point.

Both clubs have trail rides for newbies all the time. You can also post on their club sites that you are new and wanting to do a trail. They will help you out guaranteed :)

Never go wheeling by yourself.

Most of the above listed areas for wheeling have beginner trails.

RUBINOT

Caught the Bug
Jeeping Midrivers has offroading 101 classes all the time too.

Midwest also offers newbie trail rides.

Woody3

Welcome to Wayalife!!! This is a great forum with a ton of people willing to share their knowledge.

+1 on the capabilities of a stock rig. Enjoy

Keep your head low and your powder dry.

Top Bottom