Decisions

hickey800

So I've done a lot of research and talk to a lot people about the lift I want and here's the couple I'm thinking, any suggestions would be great

-the one I'm leaning more toward is the 4" enforcer with draglink flip, and 1350 drive shaft, billiston shocks was thinking maybe get the other 6 currie rock jock control arms but was wondering if I should just use stock cus I'm not replacing rear drive shaft yet (4 door jeep) and save to get other stuff is there anything else I would need or would with them and tires am I good

- my other choice is the currie rock jock kit same drive shaft and shocks

And also with the plush ride shocks will they sag much once I add bumper winch, tire carried, rear bumper, and bigger spear

Was also thinking to add the evo c gusset/axle sleeve/control arm skid for running the 35s on stock rubi dana 44 with 4:10 gears while I save up for a prorock 44 and 37s (going be a couple years)
Everyone's opinions will be appreciated

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
you running flat fenders? 4" is a lot for 35", i'd do the 3" and swap springs and sell the old ones when the time comes in a few years. not sure about shocks sagging, but springs depend on how much stuff you have on your jeep.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
-the one I'm leaning more toward is the 4" enforcer with draglink flip, and 1350 drive shaft, billiston shocks was thinking maybe get the other 6 currie rock jock control arms but was wondering if I should just use stock cus I'm not replacing rear drive shaft yet (4 door jeep) and save to get other stuff is there anything else I would need or would with them and tires am I good

Honestly, if it were me, I would just get what you need and add in the rest as needed. In other words, save your money on the additional control arms and spend it on other needed mods. Add them in down the road when funds permit or when you get a rear shaft.

- my other choice is the currie rock jock kit same drive shaft and shocks

I have installed and tested this kit and while the components are nice, I was not a fan of their dual rate coils.

And also with the plush ride shocks will they sag much once I add bumper winch, tire carried, rear bumper, and bigger spear

The "shock" will have nothing to do with sag, only the coils. They will sag a bit if the additional weight is significant enough. When I was running Plush Ride coils, I ended up installing a set of 1" rear coil spaces to help make up the difference. Nothing was needed up front.

hickey800

Yes sorry I meant coils not shock was thinking to much while typing, yes I was thinking the enforcer was a better deal and without the extra control arms I can go toward skids or bumpers maybe anything else you'd recommend getting

hickey800

you running flat fenders? 4" is a lot for 35", i'd do the 3" and swap springs and sell the old ones when the time comes in a few years. not sure about shocks sagging, but springs depend on how much stuff you have on your jeep.

I was thinking that but I don't really wanna go threw trouble of trying sell them and buy new ones I ant sure if I'll do flat fenders yet but it's a option and I think the extra inch if ground clearance will be good because I ant to big fan of dragging and we have few big rocks get over here

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yes sorry I meant coils not shock was thinking to much while typing, yes I was thinking the enforcer was a better deal and without the extra control arms I can go toward skids or bumpers maybe anything else you'd recommend getting

I should note that you don't have to get the King shocks with the Enforcer kit and that will save you a ton as well.

If you don't have it already, a good recovery kit is something every Jeeper should have :yup:

I have the 3 inch EVO Plush Ride coils paired with Rancho RS9000XL shocks and Rock Krawler LCA's. I chose to go this route because at some point I will upgrade my suspension to a Long Arm and coilovers. Still debating on going with with PR44 or PR60. I chose the 3 in lift so I did not have to replace my drive shaft right away which saved me about $1000. In the event I go with 37's on my stock axels I will run flat fenders. In my experience I found doing things in stages is best for my pocket. Had I known then what I know now the enforcer would have been my initial lift of not the Double D 4 inch.

R/
Will

Sent from my fRuit product using WAL

hickey800

I should note that you don't have to get the King shocks with the Enforcer kit and that will save you a ton as well.

If you don't have it already, a good recovery kit is something every Jeeper should have :yup:

I won't be getting the kings a guy from north ridge recommended bilstiens which I plans go for and I am looking into some recovery stuf I have some already from the past

hickey800

I have the 3 inch EVO Plush Ride coils paired with Rancho RS9000XL shocks and Rock Krawler LCA's. I chose to go this route because at some point I will upgrade my suspension to a Long Arm and coilovers. Still debating on going with with PR44 or PR60. I chose the 3 in lift so I did not have to replace my drive shaft right away which saved me about $1000. In the event I go with 37's on my stock axels I will run flat fenders. In my experience I found doing things in stages is best for my pocket. Had I known then what I know now the enforcer would have been my initial lift of not the Double D 4 inch.

R/
Will

Sent from my fRuit product using WAL

Great thanks I want the 4 inch for when I get 37s but I am worried it will give it a weird look with 35s

JAGS

Hooked
I won't be getting the kings a guy from north ridge recommended bilstiens which I plans go for and I am looking into some recovery stuf I have some already from the past

I'd also look at the Rancho shocks. Both the Rancho 7000s or 9000s will pair nicely with the enforcer. Might give a little better ride offroad then the bilstiens for not too much more $$$. As for the height, 4" with stock fenders and 35s will probably look OK. Hell, I've been running stock Rubi with trimmed fenders for a while in prep for lift. :crazyeyes: When you go 37s, you can trim fenders and should be good to go.

As others have noted, do what you can without cutting too many corners and keep the end goal in mind. That way you're not installing and spending twice. :thumb:

hickey800

I'd also look at the Rancho shocks. Both the Rancho 7000s or 9000s will pair nicely with the enforcer. Might give a little better ride offroad then the bilstiens for not too much more $$$. As for the height, 4" with stock fenders and 35s will probably look OK. Hell, I've been running stock Rubi with trimmed fenders for a while in prep for lift. :crazyeyes: When you go 37s, you can trim fenders and should be good to go.

As others have noted, do what you can without cutting too many corners and keep the end goal in mind. That way you're not installing and spending twice. :thumb:

Ya thanks I'll have a look at them shocks to I was looking at 7000 before but not sure if northridge carries them and that's where I want to get everything from try and keep it to one order instead or two or three

Twiztid11

Im not trying to hijack the thread here, but with the EVO 4" does it sit at about 4" of actual lift without any aftermarket armor? I read somewhere that its more like 3.5"

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Im not trying to hijack the thread here, but with the EVO 4" does it sit at about 4" of actual lift without any aftermarket armor? I read somewhere that its more like 3.5"

Does a stock height Jeep sit at stock height with the addition of heavy bumper and armor? The Enforcer kit offers a true 4" of lift meaning, on a Jeep as is, it will sit at 4" of lift. If you install heavy bumpers and armor or even add a full load of passengers, it will sit a bit lower. If you want a Jeep that sits at 4" of lift all loaded up, you will need a 4.5"-5" lift but at that height, your ride quality will be compromised due to the heavier rated springs that are needed to get you to that height.

FWIW, unless you are going for a tall 80's look, lower is the way you want to be going as it will help keep your COG down and give you better performance on the trail. Me, I run my 37's with my coil overs set at 3.5" of lift and run my 40's at 4" of lift.

hickey800

Does a stock height Jeep sit at stock height with the addition of heavy bumper and armor? The Enforcer kit offers a true 4" of lift meaning, on a Jeep as is, it will sit at 4" of lift. If you install heavy bumpers and armor or even add a full load of passengers, it will sit a bit lower. If you want a Jeep that sits at 4" of lift all loaded up, you will need a 4.5"-5" lift but at that height, your ride quality will be compromised due to the heavier rated springs that are needed to get you to that height.

FWIW, unless you are going for a tall 80's look, lower is the way you want to be going as it will help keep your COG down and give you better performance on the trail. Me, I run my 37's with my coil overs set at 3.5" of lift and run my 40's at 4" of lift.

Wait so you run 40s on 4" so then my 35s will look like roller skates under the 4" enforcer lift or do the coil overs you have actually offer more on 4"

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wait so you run 40s on 4" so then my 35s will look like roller skates under the 4" enforcer lift or do the coil overs you have actually offer more on 4"

4" is a bit tall for a set of 35's. Back when I was running 35's and full fenders, I was doing it with just 3" of lift. I clear my 40's with just 4" of lift by running trimmed factory flares and a lot of body trimming.

MTG

Caught the Bug

It looks great with 35s and factory fenders. :thumb: I ran mine that way for a while.

hickey800

4" is a bit tall for a set of 35's. Back when I was running 35's and full fenders, I was doing it with just 3" of lift. I clear my 40's with just 4" of lift by running trimmed factory flares and a lot of body trimming.

Oh ok thanks what do you think about evo c gusset/axle sleeve/controll arm skid will that help the stock 44 for 35 maybe 37s

Top Bottom