Unknown features, tips and tricks for your JK

MrJ3sser

The floor mat in the back can be turned over for a rubber top. It took me much too long to figure this one out. :doh:

tonywjk

For those with a manual trans, when at a stop and getting ready to move, come off the clutch slow and don't apply gas, the jeep wont stall

rizzicon

A good free trick if yoiu have a 3.6 jk and want the exhaust to sound good just unbolt the factory muffler behind the rear axle its sounds good and doesnt cost 400 bucks

So you run it with out a muffler at all? Interesting I might try this:thinking:
Sorry I have the 3.8

rizzicon

Yeah me either... Please explain how it's supposed to work lol

I was sitting at my favourite watering hole. Waiting for this girl to arrive for our first date. She walks in and the first word out of her mouth were "Is that your Jeep back there?" yes it was. Turns out that we lived in the same area and a few weeks before. She had walked by my Jeep and mentioned to her friend how much she liked my rig. Needless to say we are still together!

Chevy Dave

I was sitting at my favourite watering hole. Waiting for this girl to arrive for our first date. She walks in and the first word out of her mouth were "Is that your Jeep back there?" yes it was. Turns out that we lived in the same area and a few weeks before. She had walked by my Jeep and mentioned to her friend how much she liked my rig. Needless to say we are still together!

You lucky bastard lol

OlllllllO instagram @lucythejeep

Christarp

An important note here is that you NEED to flip those tabs down or else you will damage your top when you try screwing them in. :shock:

Yeah this... I've got a nice crack in my driver side panel from screwing them in too far when I forgot :grayno:

CONative

Playlist "hack"

One of the things that annoyed me about the stock head unit (the one with Nav and memory for music) is the inability to store songs by playlist. Artist, genre, album - but no playlist, at least not that I could find. Being of the mixtape generation, I like playlists . . . so I figured a way around the limitation . . .

At this point, please feel free to point out my ignorance and show how playlists can be added without the extra effort.

So, I figured out that you can create your playlist via whatever software you wish, then (on your PC) change the "Genre" in each file's metadata by right-clicking and selecting Properties, navigating to the Details tab and finding Genre. Name the genre whatever you'd like the playlist to reflect and . . . instant playlist shown under genre once you load the files to your Jeep.

NV375

I found that if you download the official wayalife app your JK grows about 2 inches and gets bigger tires.

Sent from my SM-P905V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Your jeep only grew two inches? My jeep grew six inches and sports 37s thanks to the WAYALIFE app.

NV375

A good free trick if yoiu have a 3.6 jk and want the exhaust to sound good just unbolt the factory muffler behind the rear axle its sounds good and doesnt cost 400 bucks

I was looking at this yesterday when I was working on the rear shocks and spacers.

MikeO

So you are running without a muffler or are you just losing the bolt and breaking the seal?

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!! 2012 JKU Sport

CerOf

One of the things that annoyed me about the stock head unit (the one with Nav and memory for music) is the inability to store songs by playlist. Artist, genre, album - but no playlist, at least not that I could find. Being of the mixtape generation, I like playlists . . . so I figured a way around the limitation . . .

At this point, please feel free to point out my ignorance and show how playlists can be added without the extra effort.

So, I figured out that you can create your playlist via whatever software you wish, then (on your PC) change the "Genre" in each file's metadata by right-clicking and selecting Properties, navigating to the Details tab and finding Genre. Name the genre whatever you'd like the playlist to reflect and . . . instant playlist shown under genre once you load the files to your Jeep.

My factory Nav in my '09 can do playlists, just not direct from the unit itself.

Plug thumb drive into your computer. Create a new folder on the thumb drive and name it whatever you want the playlist to be. I then copy those mp3s into this folder.

Plug in the thumb drive to the jeep and import away. It adds the songs under a playlist which defaults to the same name as the folder on your thumb drive.

Sent from a a few tin cans and some string.

JEEPnGEO

i heard you can open a beer bottle somehow. :idontknow:

Find someone with a new high end Mercedes ( My uncle just bought one) look at that same latch. It is the exact same one on the Jeep...

I wonder if you went to the parts department at the Mercedes dealership and a Jeep dealership would they be the same price... My Uncle freaked out when he saw my latch hoop. He paid 90K for his ride... It's a hopped up Chrysler. LOL...

KennyFrench

If I'm waiting in the Jeep whilst my wife goes into a store, I don't want to sit in the sun with the top down. So, I'll put the up, but to get a little more airflow, I'll unlatch the sunrider and pop it up just enough to get more air.

pastorwug

Nice, I will try that

GuillaumeC91

An important note here is that you NEED to flip those tabs down or else you will damage your top when you try screwing them in. :shock:

Haha yeah, that's a good point! Not many things worse than punching two holes through your panels! :banghead:

Don't follow me, I'm lost too! O|||||||O

Robin.CT

Argh... Advice please.. I. A aged to break my jeep yesterday only a day after picking it up from its control arm transplant... Got stuck in mud, gearbox sensor clearly not happy so all I now have is second gear.. No engine error code, engine light comes one after about 30 minutes of driving at under 60kmh.. Any ideas????

jkmohican

Allowing more airflow from the top of your soft top will make it nice and loud on the highway. DO YOU NOT WANT TO HEAR YOUR GIRLFRIEND BITCH WHILE YOU DRIVE? ARE YOU SICK OF TALKING TO THE PEOPLE IN YOUR JEEP AND JUST WANT TO DRIVE BUT DONT WANT AWKWARD SILENCE OR LOUD MUSIC? HIGH AIR FLOW SOFTTOP! Allows you to drive and not have to talk to the people in your vehicle. Works all the time. I love it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

YoungFire

Allowing more airflow from the top of your soft top will make it nice and loud on the highway. DO YOU NOT WANT TO HEAR YOUR GIRLFRIEND BITCH WHILE YOU DRIVE? ARE YOU SICK OF TALKING TO THE PEOPLE IN YOUR JEEP AND JUST WANT TO DRIVE BUT DONT WANT AWKWARD SILENCE OR LOUD MUSIC? HIGH AIR FLOW SOFTTOP! Allows you to drive and not have to talk to the people in your vehicle. Works all the time. I love it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

If all your girlfriend does in ur jeep is bitch.. I'd suggest a new girlfriend not more air flow...... Just saying

Top Bottom