Protecting your window banner

Tigereye10

Was wondering if anyone out there knew of a way to protect the window banners from damage from the wiper blades(scratching, peeling, flaking). I order my banner custom from pixeldecals and had put it on during a warmer day, round 70 degrees outside and had let it set for about 4 days before I used the wipers and it seemed okay but I did notice today that a few corners were lifting a bit. Now Im not 100% sure if it was from the wipers or they just loosened somehow, but either way I'd rather not have to get a new one for at least 2yrs

Couldnt really find anything about how to protect them other than taking the blades off and/or using rain-x. I do have rain-x on but some days thats not enough. If anyone has any ideas/suggestions on this lemme know!

Maybe get a clear window film like tint and apply it over the decal and across the entire top of the windshield

A good quality vinyl should hold up well unless the design has small thin sections.

My WAL sticker has held up to the wipers for about a year now without issue.

There are a few thin sections on it, those were the sections that were lifting

Sent from my SCH-R760 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Right-on... Then, I would look into having a printed two-tone banner made that where there is only one seam. The background could be black or blue to match your rig. (assuming the avatar is your rig)

Tigereye10

Right-on... Then, I would look into having a printed two-tone banner made that where there is only one seam. The background could be black or blue to match your rig. (assuming the avatar is your rig)

Yep that's mine, will have to look into that idea for sure thanks for the ideas :thumbup:

Sent from my SCH-R760 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Devallee

X2 on the reverse cut. Only thing is it'll be maybe an inch lower on the inside to compensate for the windshield seal that you wouldn't have to worry about on the outside. Either way I think this would be the best option

Top Bottom