Wave from Denver

JKRandall

Thanks guys! Looking forward to being a part of this forum. If you see an all-white (hardtop & fenders) JKUR with 35s, it is probably me. Soon I'll have an LOD + Zeon front bumper setup, and the Teraflex tire carrier. Black Method Standard wheels with MTR Kevlars.

Welcome to Wayalife and good luck with your build. I did notice you were planning on putting on a Teraflex tire carrier, you might want to read this thread Eddie wrote on it. http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?4740-TeraFlex-Hinged-Tire-Carrier-Break

Flyer

Thanks JKRandall. I actually did run across this thread. I called TF and they said they made some changes to the carrier. Can't tell on this specific one with the crack but the redesigned ones have three sets of holes instead of four. I cannot tell if that seam area has been beefed up. I have the rubber isolator really snug against the tire and will keep an eye on it.

On my last JK, I had a full AEV setup with the tire carrier. I did not like how far it held the tire from the tailgate so went with the TF this time. I'll run this TF and maybe get the Expedition One Core rear bumper which is going to be capable of running a carrier later. In the meantime, I am going to keep a very close eye on the carrier. If I see anything weird, it is coming off. I am running a 35" MTR Kevlar tire on it.

Thanks for the welcome, guys. I'll see if I can attach a picture of my Jeep.

Top Bottom