Side Mirrors Input

Slappy32

I live in the Florida Keys and I'll be going no doors or tube doors most of the time. I'm looking for ideas for side view mirrors as far as relocating the stock mirrors or using aftermarket mirrors. Any thought or pictures?

pvanweelden

This is the easiest- 2" blind spot mirrors from auto parts store. Attach to the flat side of the outside vents.

1397861911831.jpg
Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

droflakcin

dietech offroad mirror mounts, they mount in the top door hinge mount, that's what i'll be running this summer in VA since you have to have side mirrors.

Jersey_Devil

I use rugged ridge mirrors, they go right in the the top hindges uploadfromtaptalk1397871858917.jpg sorry no close up pics of them but u can see it there

Sent from my obama monitoring device

Oscar35

dietech offroad mirror mounts, they mount in the top door hinge mount, that's what i'll be running this summer in VA since you have to have side mirrors.

X2. I think dietech is the best look. Also, I haven't seen any vibration. However they are pricey..... but then again, isn't everything?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Super cheap and works well...

DSC07126.jpg

Write-up I did for it. Granted, it's for my old TJ but still applies to the JK...

http://www.4x4xplor.com/doorless-mirror.html

Tcdawg

I have the 2' blind spot mirrors on my outside vents, they really just don't work well, at least for me. If you want mirrors that work better a full mirror is your best bet.

I use a set of quick release mirrors from Rugged Ridge and leave them mounted all the time. They mount on the A pillar and you can set them up so that your doors don't hit them when they open. I removed my stock mirrors and just run a delete plug on my doors. It makes taking the doors off a breeze because the mirrors are always on the A pillar so once you pull your doors you are ready to go.

There is a round version and a rectangular version. I use the round version and the driver mirror works great, the passenger side is OK. The rectangular mirrors are bigger and the passenger side works a little better but I preferred the round mainly for looks.

I did ditch the quick release bolt and exchanged it for a regular bolt and just use a socket to remove them when I'm wheeling. I could never get the hand tightened quick release bolt tight enough for the mirror to stay put.

Ldogg

I have the dietech brackets and they are fantastic. No rattle, and the passenger side mirror is usable in the location it's mounted.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1397916777.499330.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1397916786.133846.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1397916799.837298.jpg

Tigereye10

Cool cool, I'll have to grab some for when I take my doors off :thumbup:

Sent from my SCH-R760 using WAYALIFE mobile app

suicideking

Dang, Eddie! What website is that? I've never seen that one before! :shock:

I did this one. Got the mirror at an O'Riley's Auto Parts for $15. Got the bolts and washers at a hardware store and used a friends drill to make the hole large enough. I see no reason to spend perfectly good mod money on a mirror.

pvanweelden

Another choice is Harley mirrors and footpegs- simple bolt on to the hinges.
1403381941387.jpg
And passenger mirror is useable.
1403381973812.jpg
Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom