Tire Deflators?

Dannyboy76

Question, I have used a couple of different things to Air down my tires to ride on the beach. I’m in the market for something quicker and easier to air down with. I have been reading some review on Staun Tire Deflators. Wondering is anybody has used they or is using them? Also I just came across, on Quadratec Military Multi-Level Select Tire DeFlator With Multi PSI Level. Wondering if anybody is using this? I do some beach riding so I deflate my tires down to about 20 psi. I never has a problems yet. Wanted to know if anybody goes lower?

I have Staun deflators and they work pretty well. I have noticed a variance in pressure in all 4 tires when using them though. ~1-1.5 PSI.

For example, I calibrated them to 15psi. then used them to air down and my tires ranged from 14 -15.5psi. I have calibrated them several times but this is always the result. In the end, I just set them to stop at 15.5 (highest I plan to run my 37s) and adjust manually from that point depending on where I am. I usually run 12-13.

They make quick work of getting you close, but if you are picky like me and your OCD will not allow differences you will need to finish the manual way...

Angry Aussie

I have the staun ones and I've been really happy with them. I've never checked the pressure after airing down so I don't know if it's exactly going to the 15 I have mine set at. They are fast and easy to use. Put them on, wait a couple of mins and your good to go.

Dannyboy76

Hey Angry Aussie and jnabird333 on the Shaun, every video I watch on Youtube or whatever. The person already has set the too the psi they want. But from what I can gather, you first have to air down your tires to the psi you want. Then put on the Shaun and start to turn it down until it is set. Then lock it. Am I understanding this right?

Hey Angry Aussie and jnabird333 on the Shaun, every video I watch on Youtube or whatever. The person already has set the too the psi they want. But from what I can gather, you first have to air down your tires to the psi you want. Then put on the Shaun and start to turn it down until it is set. Then lock it. Am I understanding this right?

Yep.... and repeat for each one. It takes about a 1/2 hour with a good air supply.

jesse3638

Hooked
I'm a cheap ass when it comes to things and plus I like to be inventive...haha. Here is what I came up with and it all cost about $15 to make. No they don't stop at a preset pressure but I can air all the tires down simultaneously and use a tire pressure gauge with our having to remove them. Just thought I'd share.

Cheap and Easy DIY Tire Deflators

TheStick

I use the ARB. Nice thing is it pulls the valve core so they air down super fast and has the built in gauge.

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
I use the ARB. Nice thing is it pulls the valve core so they air down super fast and has the built in gauge.

I use the ARB also and it works great. I like being able to slide the valve closed and check the pressure. Even though it's one tire at a time, it's still really fast. I have 37s and I'm still usually the first one aired down. The other guys in my standard group have 32" - 35" tires.

I really like the home made deflators by jessie0920 and probably would have made some if I had seen them before now and didn't already have the ARB. Might make a set anyway.

kingg5

i use this.

ALL-44030.jpg

cheap easy and fail safe.

Reviving a old thread sorry, I use the Staun deflators and they have been problem free. I bought my dad the Rugged Ridge version (I know I cheeped out) and they seem to be pretty crappy, They seem slow and 2 barely work at all as they seem sticky.

Has anyone modded these or have any suggestions to "help" them work a little better?

07JKSahara

I'm a cheap ass when it comes to things and plus I like to be inventive...haha. Here is what I came up with and it all cost about $15 to make. No they don't stop at a preset pressure but I can air all the tires down simultaneously and use a tire pressure gauge with our having to remove them. Just thought I'd share.

Cheap and Easy DIY Tire Deflators

Something like this... I made my own. Probably under $5 but it doesn't stop at preset. I did one test tire and found out they deflate at 10 psi per 1 minute. So I put the first one on and start the clock.

Top Bottom