Rampage or Bestop Soft top

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Opinions please from members who have these installed on their JK's. My factory sunrider has taken a turn for the worse. The rear zipper is so far gone I cannot keep window zipped up. Pretty pissed because I really liked the versatility of the factory 2011 top and hoped it would last longer. Soooo I have narrowed done to these two. I was really looking at the NX top and found the Rampage one and like that as well. Thanks in advance!

Rampage
Frameless_JK top.gif
or
Bestop
top jk.jpg

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Don't have either but I would say best top. Also if you like the factory top you can always get a factory replacement from Quadratec or even the best top one. You keep the hardware you have and just put the new top on.

Sent from my iPhone

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
I have the Bestop Trek Top NX Twill and have no complaints whatsoever.......I have yet to see a Rampage top in person so I cannot comment on the quality...fit or finish of that top......The Rampage top does have a storage space for the side and rear windows under the top in the rear which I thought was a cool feature.....I'm headed to Jeep Beach in Daytona today.......I'll look for the Rampage top among the 1000' s of Jeeps that will be in attendance....take some pictures and ask how they like the top....and relay the feedback

http://youtu.be/ESb2sjzfQt8

~Woodrow~

Last edited:

hskr4x4

I have the Bestop Trektop NX and that would be my vote. Just remember when installing you need to let top sit in sun or turn on heater to properly stretch. It'll act like it'll never fit at first until it warms up and stretches. Also make sure top is folded back to make easier

Here is an older pic of Jeep but at least it has the top on

C6E41027-05DB-4E84-87E6-A56775B18779_zpsv39befdj.jpg

Last edited:

Tmoore03

I had the Rampage top for my TJ before I sold it. I really liked the top and am thinking about getting another one for my JKU. But I am also looking at the Bestop one as well since it has really good reviews.

Ldogg

I also have a Trektop NX, and yeah it's a tight fit so make sure you let it heat up real good in the sun before putting it on. You may also need to let it sit on the jeep in the sun before you can close all the zippers all the way the first time. I like it, the only thing is that to use a shade top you have to completely remove the thing, instead of just folding it back. Now it only takes a few minutes to remove it and it rolls up and stows nicely above the trunk section but keep that in mind. The safari top portion works great and I keep my side windows stowed in the bestop window saddle bags. This lets me put it on in a pinch if needed.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1398258042.215677.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1398258063.809130.jpg

JayKay

Caught the Bug
I don't have either, but I'm not a fan of the rectangle side windows on the Rampage top.

Ldogg

Also as Cozdude said above you can get a Replace-a-top from bestop that re uses your factory hardware and it's going to be the cheapest option. They even have their new twill fabric if you want I believe.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Thanks for the advice guys. Really nice rigs sporting those tops. Bestop is my favorite and seems to be the closest to stock as in versatility. I really like the Rampage feature to store the windows. I will check into the replacement top as well.

Ldogg

I store my side windows in the bestop saddle bags. The back window I roll up and strap down or if I pull the safari top off I roll it up in there at the last flap. This way it's with me at all times. Here you can see the saddle bags between the cage. They work great for the kids stuff and straps and what not too.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1398302662.921370.jpg

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I store my side windows in the bestop saddle bags. The back window I roll up and strap down or if I pull the safari top off I roll it up in there at the last flap. This way it's with me at all times. Here you can see the saddle bags between the cage. They work great for the kids stuff and straps and what not too.

View attachment 80162

That does look nice. Would be nice for extra storage too. Nice option to think about.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Sorry to hear your top took a crap Pete. I have never used the Rampage but have had several BesTop tops over the years and I have always been impressed with their quality. Personally, I like the look of the Trek Top better as well.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Sorry to hear your top took a crap Pete. I have never used the Rampage but have had several BesTop tops over the years and I have always been impressed with their quality. Personally, I like the look of the Trek Top better as well.

I was in the market for half doors like your rig, which is coming along quite nicely I might add. Been following your build and really digging your rig Joe. Until this happened. FYI, for anyone with zipper problems.....the dohickie thingamajigger that connects the zippers together had spread out over time so I used a pair of pliers and squeezed it down and it managed to fix my problem....for now.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I am happy with my trektop for the most part, still can be a royal pita to put on but I like it. I don't normally take the top off tho and run it as a bikini top which is why I really wanted it.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I am happy with my trektop for the most part, still can be a royal pita to put on but I like it. I don't normally take the top off tho and run it as a bikini top which is why I really wanted it.

Your rig and every other 2 dr I see with those tops just takes them up a notch!:rock:

Road_king

I love my Rampage - it gets lots of complements. I got a killer deal on it but would be satisfied with either!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Dbathke

Love my Trektop NX, the install videos on you tube helped quite abit also
The top is quiet at highway speeds and I've gone through a few heavy rains with no leaks
Great value and got great shipping time from Quadratec

Well you have to ask yourself one question?

Do you want a ba strap or not?

One of my kids at work was looking at these exact same two tops and went with the Bestop simply because of the strap.

I love my TrekTop NX and how easily it turns into a bikini top. Yes storage of the windows can be a pain but I just deal with it.

R/
Will

Top Bottom