[Saving You Money] Hard Top Storage System

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
This is not my video but this is how I do mine right now, maybe someday I will get a garage and can do something like you all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISDBXRnqe54

It is a pain in the butt though if there is anything at all in the back of the jeep. I have a large action packer tote for tools and such and cant get all the way into the back of the jeep like this guy. It will probably be even harder with the lift and 35s. I will have to try it and see I guess.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
This is not my video but this is how I do mine right now, maybe someday I will get a garage and can do something like you all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISDBXRnqe54

It is a pain in the butt though if there is anything at all in the back of the jeep. I have a large action packer tote for tools and such and cant get all the way into the back of the jeep like this guy. It will probably be even harder with the lift and 35s. I will have to try it and see I guess.

yeah, i did that method the first day i brought the jeep home... after seeing that same video, I'm just afrade one day the wind will blow just right and that will be the end of my hardtop. :doh: So trying to not make that the norm.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
yeah, i did that method the first day i brought the jeep home... after seeing that same video, I'm just afrade one day the wind will blow just right and that will be the end of my hardtop. :doh: So trying to not make that the norm.

I just set mine against the house "hoping" that if the wind decided to take it then the house would hopefully stop it pretty much. So far it has always been there when I got back. I'm hoping/planning to one day have a shop or garage and make a lift system to put it up in the rafters so it is out of the way and run a soft top during the warmer months. Really in Oklahoma we could get buy with a soft top year round but I want to keep the hardtop for those really cold days. May be more of a piece of mind more than anything though.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Has anyone had any problems with the window/top seals getting damaged/torn using this method to hold the top during "the season"?

Thank you guys again for the pics! It is EXTREMELY helpful!

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
I just set mine against the house "hoping" that if the wind decided to take it then the house would hopefully stop it pretty much. So far it has always been there when I got back. I'm hoping/planning to one day have a shop or garage and make a lift system to put it up in the rafters so it is out of the way and run a soft top during the warmer months. Really in Oklahoma we could get buy with a soft top year round but I want to keep the hardtop for those really cold days. May be more of a piece of mind more than anything though.

Sorry for the multiple posts, I'm using the app...

I'm not so worried about the wind once it's off and on the ground, I would put mine in the garage. I'm more worried about the wind while lifting it off the jeep, and carrying it INTO the garage. I don't think the wind (atleast not here) would EVER be strong enough to blow the top around once it's on the ground, but if I'm carrying it over my head, it won't take much to tip it off balance resulting in it crashing onto the pavement from some 8+ feet in the air (arms extended over head)... That's what I was referring too.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Sorry for the multiple posts, I'm using the app...

I'm not so worried about the wind once it's off and on the ground, I would put mine in the garage. I'm more worried about the wind while lifting it off the jeep, and carrying it INTO the garage. I don't think the wind (atleast not here) would EVER be strong enough to blow the top around once it's on the ground, but if I'm carrying it over my head, it won't take much to tip it off balance resulting in it crashing onto the pavement from some 8+ feet in the air (arms extended over head)... That's what I was referring too.

No worries. :thumb:

Top Bottom