Anyone have experience with Bikini tops+Tonneau covers (JKU)?

DiggaDon

My girlfriend and I both own JKU's and It's her turn for an upgrade. She wants to travel doorless and topless for the summer as much as possible using a bikini top and tonneau cover.

Does anyone have any idea how water-tight the tonneau covers are that are made for the JKU?

Any brand recommendations? Or bikini top recommendations?

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I was talking to a guy running that exact setup but on a 2 door, and he said if its going to rain a lot he would use a bunge to hold just the front of the cover up slightly to help with water, but he said he never really had any issues. I could only see it not working well if say its windy and the rain is going in the direction of the cab.

DiggaDon

I was talking to a guy running that exact setup but on a 2 door, and he said if its going to rain a lot he would use a bunge to hold just the front of the cover up slightly to help with water, but he said he never really had any issues. I could only see it not working well if say its windy and the rain is going in the direction of the cab.

I don't understand how water doesn't leak between the tonneau cover and rear seat... perhaps that is the bungie situation you speak of.

I ran the 3 piece setup on mine for just over a year. (Brief top, windjammer, and tonneau cover). Only time I had issues with puddling was when I left it parked outside in a storm, but it didn't leak into the cab because the tonneau cover is zipped to the windjammer. Here's the only pics I have of it, but I'm sure if you ask Panda he'll post some of it on his rig. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1398351333.383881.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1398351421.911993.jpg

DiggaDon

I ran the 3 piece setup on mine for just over a year. (Brief top, windjammer, and tonneau cover). Only time I had issues with puddling was when I left it parked outside in a storm, but it didn't leak into the cab because the tonneau cover is zipped to the windjammer. Here's the only pics I have of it, but I'm sure if you ask Panda he'll post some of it on his rig. View attachment 80212 View attachment 80213

What brand is it?

Top Bottom