Wave from the Woods of Western Massachusetts

rbcsci

Long time Jeep fanatic...motorcycle addict...engineer...gearhead...disciple of all things mechanical. I just recently learned about this website after finding a great video on YouTube called KEEP IT TIGHT with some guys riding over Black Bear Pass in Colorado...really enjoyed the Jeeps, the production quality, and the participants. Got the fever with a CJ-7 in high school...new YJ after Basic Training...about 4 TJs...'53 CJ-3A...half a dozen JKs...and an M-416 I've been tinkering with for years...25+ years of Jeep obsession...like LEGOs for big kids. Just traded my 2 door JK for something a little better suited for travel...2014 Unlimited Rubicon...still mostly stock for the moment while I decide on a path forward...overlanding vs. something a bit more extreme...great starting point regardless...truth be told, I'm more of a travel/explore kinda guy rather than a rock crawling/mud type...currently gearing up for a 2 week road trip out to Colorado, Wyoming, and Montana in July with the wife and kids...may leave it alone until I get back...its a lot like a station wagon at this point. Looking forward to following some builds, some travels, and learning some things. ~Ross

Attachments

• IMG00044-20110619-1150.jpg
    IMG00044-20110619-1150.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 64
  • Rubicon1.jpg
    Rubicon1.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 64
  • Rubicon2.jpg
    Rubicon2.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 63
  • Rubicon3.jpg
    Rubicon3.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 63
  • Rubicon4.jpg
    Rubicon4.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 62

rbcsci

Looks like I'm going to have to paint my M-416 white now...

Attachments

• M416a.jpg
    M416a.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 64
  • M416b.jpg
    M416b.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

xkid

Welcome. I here ya about the overlanding.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using WAYALIFE mobile app

rbcsci

This Jeep is purely for recreation, but I'm torn between wildly disparate design directions...

This one really turns me on from a driving enjoyment standpoint...

01-jeep-wrangler-recon-concept.jpg

And this appeals to my desire to drive to South America or the Arctic Circle...

2009-Jeep-Wrangler-Overland-Front-Side-View-588x441.jpg

Top Bottom