1998 tj kill switch

FUGEDABOUTIT

Hello,
First post and new to site. I am looking to install an easy kill switch on my 1998 Tj. Anyone have a good solution for this.
Thanks

Jiffy05

Welcome to Wayalife. :standing wave: You should introduce yourself in the Give us a Wave section.

Whats the reason you want a kill switch?

FUGEDABOUTIT

Thank you, I will post there this weekend.

I live in So Cal. There is always a lot of theft out here. Since the majority of the time there is a Bikini top on, I Just want to make it a little challenging if someone tries. And a little piece of mind when out and about. I thought of running a wire from the + of the solenoid to a switch then back to the solenoid to complete the circuit. Just want to make sure that will work.

Thanks

Jiffy05

Oh okay. I wish I could help with the kill switch but I have I clue how to put one in. I wanted to do the same thing with mine also.

Roblaza

get a wiring diagram, and locate the starter signal wire from key cylinder, cut it and wire in a switch...hide it under the dash or in the console somewhere only you will know to look. then when you get out and lock it up, reach over and flip the switch cutting the link between the ignition and starter relay. Or better yet, locate the power supply to the fuel pump and do the same thing. no fuel, no start.

jeepwayoflife

Yep, wire in a relay to interrupt the fuel pump power. Hide a switch wherever you want. If you wire it to the starter and the jeep doesn't do anything, thieves will likely look for a kill switch. If you wire it to the pump and it cranks and cranks the idea is they will assume its either out of gas or something is mechanically wrong and leave it.

That being said a lot of the time they just tow the jeep away. No need to start it at all.

squinko

New guy here.

I put my transfer case in neutral. If someone was able to start it, they most likely won't know why it won't go anywhere when they put it in drive and give the gas. :D

Benny.

Top Bottom