50" LED Light Bar Leaking / Moisture

LeJerk

I'm seeing water/moisture inside my light bar. No, it's not a Rigid. Has anyone taken one of these apart? How about where it may be leaking and where to reseal it?

Cheers,

Hack12

I'm seeing water/moisture inside my light bar. No, it's not a Rigid. Has anyone taken one of these apart? How about where it may be leaking and where to reseal it?

Cheers,

I recently gave loscann48 a 20" non-Rigid LED bar that had a moderate amount of condensation building up inside. I wasn't using it any longer and figured if he could fix it then he could keep it.

Here is what he quickly wrote me after he repaired it. If you have further questions shoot him a message and I'm sure he'd be happy to explain his process in further detail.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1398638219.620846.jpg

Hack12

So you think it's just leaking from the sides and not along the face?

It very well could be along the face too, but I would bet it's from the sides. Can't hurt to dry it out, reattach the sides better than Chinese quality control did, and hose it down good and check for leaks.

JKDriver

I helped a friend repair his non Rigid light bar. We did the same. Took the sides off, placed it in the sun with a small fan blowing air through it. Then brought it inside my gun room and left it for 2 days so the dehumidifier would keep the humidity down. Then used a liquid gasket and sealed it back up. Its been a year and he has had no issues since...

Hack12

The other 20" non-Rigid light bar I kept has been great thus far, no leaks or condensation at all. However, I just noticed that one of my non-Rigid dually's has a little condensation.

On the subject of taking the dually apart, I am lost.

JKDriver

Yeah, some seem to be a little hit or miss. although of the 3 non Rigid lights I have heard of having moisture problems, all were easily fixed. My Rigid's have never had moisture problems, but my Dualies and now my 20 inch light bar have had issues with the powder coat failing. The lifetime warrantee gets them fixed, and the customer service is exemplary, but they still have to get sent back and you are with out them for a few weeks....

HILLZ

i had this on a 22" bar that i had mounted to my front bumper, turned out it was from direct blasts from the pressure washer when cleaning it, most bars are not rated for the direct pressure from the nozzle. i just pulled the sides and let it dry in the sun with the help of a hair drier on a cooler setting from the side then siliconed the hell out of it before putting it back together, no longer on my jeep as i gave it to a mate but it hasn't had any problems since.

Smokinjoe

I spray off my Rigid's no issues that I have noticed. A buddy of mine got his Rigid's sand blasted coming back from Utah lenses were pitted bad, he called rigid they said no problem send them in.
As said before great service

Hibbs

I have a 50 " light bar that has had moisture problems. Due to work schedule its unfortunately been like this for a little bit of time. I am definitely going to do the steps you guys did to get rid of the moisture however I now have mold growing on the inside of it. What is the best way to clean it out without doing any damage?

Thanks in advanced!

Top Bottom