You guys are a band of bitches - Now can my ass dipshit

jelliott076

Good show. I was half expecting, but not hoping, that was going the way of CombatVetJK.
Dean, this is an awesome family, the coolest group of friends you could ask for, and best knowledge base out there. Hope it all works out for you. Welcome

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What brand should I look at for the oil pan armor?

I would recommend the EVO ProTek oil pan and transmission skid if you have an auto. You don't need anything else - the factory skids work great and they are what I still use even after almost 8 years of abuse.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Are they pricey

So is a busted oil pan on the trail. But, if you're looking for something more affordable, Rancho makes a great oil pan skid as well. Unfortunately, they don't offer anything for an automatic transmission. If you have an 07-10, you should be okay with the factory skid but newer JK's don't have anything.

Of course, all the factory skids are already on your Jeep and don't need to be replaced. You save there.

Dean454

So is a busted oil pan on the trail. But, if you're looking for something more affordable, Rancho makes a great oil pan skid as well. Unfortunately, they don't offer anything for an automatic transmission. If you have an 07-10, you should be okay with the factory skid but newer JK's don't have anything.

Of course, all the factory skids are already on your Jeep and don't need to be replaced. You save there.

I would rather avoid a busted oil pan for sure you don't worry about evap protection so much? I have a 13 jku

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I would rather avoid a busted oil pan for sure you don't worry about evap protection so much? I have a 13 jku

2012-up JK's come with a basic skid from the factory and it works well enough. I never ran a skid on our old 07 and had knocked it off maybe 5 times over the last 7+ years and have had to replace it twice. If I recall, it didn't cost more than $100 to replace and not having one in place didn't effect the performance of the vehicle. If anything, I would relocate it instead of installing a new skid.

MTG

Caught the Bug
2012-up JK's come with a basic skid from the factory and it works well enough. I never ran a skid on our old 07 and had knocked it off maybe 5 times over the last 7+ years and have had to replace it twice. If I recall, it didn't cost more than $100 to replace and not having one in place didn't effect the performance of the vehicle. If anything, I would relocate it instead of installing a new skid.

If I recall, they are north of $120 now for a 2012+ Evap canister.

Dean454

Thank you Eddie

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It's too bad they didn't put some kind of plate over the evap

LOL!! You should look at what the 07-10's came with. They don't even have a metal bracket holding them up. They're just hung exposed from the frame. Again, it's really not that big of a deal and if anything, Chrysler should have relocated it toward the back just like all the kits out there do.

Dean454

LOL!! You should look at what the 07-10's came with. They don't even have a metal bracket holding them up. They're just hung exposed from the frame. Again, it's really not that big of a deal and if anything, Chrysler should have relocated it toward the back just like all the kits out there do.

Well I won't worry about it then and I'll focus on protecting the oil pan first.

JAGS

Hooked
It's too bad they didn't put some kind of plate over the evap

There's a thin skid from the factory. With our Wayalife N4x4 discount, I opted for the PS evap skid for only $99 shipped. Maybe a bit overkill as WOL mentioned. But not a huge expense.

- Jason

BadApple

What is the difference in the 11 model when it comes to skids. Eddie you always mention 07-10 and 12+. Stop forgetting about us old motor new interior guys lol

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
What is the difference in the 11 model when it comes to skids. Eddie you always mention 07-10 and 12+. Stop forgetting about us old motor new interior guys lol

Lol! We don't have an evap skid as I'm sure you know but when It comes to getting the protek system it's the same skids as the 07-10 guys since we have the same motor

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

There were a lot of funky changes in 11 and one of them was the elimination of the automatic skid plate and I thought the other was the addition of an EVAP skid. But, I may be mistaken in the later.

Top Bottom