Recovery strap breaks killing two people

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
One it was a tow strap they were using as a snatch strap. Two it had a hook on the end. Three there is a whole lot of stupid in that video. Darwin did work.

Disclaimer for those that haven't video: there is a dead body at the end of the video.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hillbilly horsepower and Darwin win again. Yeah, there was all kinds of wrong going on in this video. Surprised that more people didn't get hurt.

Jersey_Devil

Wow! That's nuts! This is why u think before you act. Anyone ever see the one where the guy is hit in the face with a bumper that goes flying?

Sent from my obama monitoring device

newtdog

Ouch! We've all seen stupid people out on the trail. I always hide behind very large things on the trail. I've seen a couple winch lines break at work on tow trucks trying to get vehicles flipped over, off of railroad tracks and out of ditches. I'm always taking cover! Screw that

2010 MANGO TANGO SPORT JKU🇺🇸

Benny

Looks like an ARB strap. If you slow it down you can see the entire recovery point seperate from the bumper. Hell of a projectile!

Jersey_Devil

Ouch! We've all seen stupid people out on the trail. I always hide behind very large things on the trail. I've seen a couple winch lines break at work on tow trucks trying to get vehicles flipped over, off of railroad tracks and out of ditches. I'm always taking cover! Screw that

2010 MANGO TANGO SPORT JKU🇺🇸

I'm with u, I always just remember the scene from "Die Hard" where the Rams which cable snaps and slices the guy in two on the boat.... I always stay far away. Nope, I wanna go home!

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Sad that happened. Even sadder they were probably spectators that did not have a clue what was right or wrong and paid with their lives.

GuillaumeC91

Wow! That's nuts! This is why u think before you act. Anyone ever see the one where the guy is hit in the face with a bumper that goes flying?

Somebody posted that video on another thread somewhere on here, but this one is worse! The other video makes you laugh at their stupidity, but the guys probably lived. In this video, these two are definitely dead!

Don't follow me, I'm lost too! O|||||||O

David1tontj

Definitely makes you think about your recovery points! I think I've said it before on here- a recovery should be slow, and calculated. It's never good when someone has to rev it up and dump the clutch before an extraction

That's a sad video to watch, but it's just the thing we need to see to remember to be safe out there.

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

Top Bottom