Weird dash lights

Slaytanic

I'm looking for any follow-ups to this issue, as my 2009 has done this twice in the last few weeks. The red light flashes along with the tpms warning, then goes away. Both instances under normal driving conditions, stock tires & wheels, 1 highway driving around 65 mph, one city in stop & go traffic.

I've seen a few other postings around about this issue, but no followups as to the solution. No mods on the jeep yet. I've seen suggestions that it could be the battery, a bad ground, the battery in the key fob, maybe disconnect the battery overnight, but no confirmations as to what fixed the problem.

Slaytanic

As it turns out, the battery was reaching the end of its life so it was replaced last week. The sentry light and the tpms light flashed again yesterday on the way home, so it's definitely not being caused by the battery. Checked the spare tire, an it was down to 25 lbs, so i inflated that back up to 35. I swear i'm going to figure this thing out, next is replacing the battery in the key fob.

Slaytanic

Ok so it did it again, so it isn't the spare tire. I can't believe there are so many people out there who have had this problem but can't find a real solution.

roguejeep008

So I just came back from the dealership about this anomaly. They couldn't reproduce the issue (I swear it only happens when the temperature is in the 20s and below) The best guess they had was the wireless control module could be failing. I don't have power locks/Windows and my key tests out fine.

geezz

Ya battery is the culprit .. had similar issue make sure all connections are clean and tight .. it is possible your charging system has an issue

Last edited:

jeeeep

Hooked
Ya battery is the culprit .. had similar issue make sure all connections are clean and tight .. it is possible your charging system has an issue

x2, get your alternator tested but first check the wires that come off it from the underside. on a my other Jeep there were was a wire that had corroded and was attached by just a few of the wire strands, it was giving odd issues.

There was another thread on here about a similar issue, you have to look from underneath and the wires are not so obvious but they are with the alternator

ArmyofMike

I got CrAzY cockpit too...my battery negative was loose. Tightened it and lights/dummies stopped flickering. Hope yours is that easy too.

...although I hope the OP fixed his issue from May of last year?!

Top Bottom