06 TJ - Auto Transmission - Shifting Issue

Woody3

Any posted instruction on this adjustment procedure?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app.......

Not to high jack.... On the shift linkage between your transfer case skid and the floor of your jeep there is a 10mm? bolt. Loosen the bolt and adjust your linkage.

I don't recall exactly, but I believe you manually push the transfer case shifter (the one on the transfer case not in the jeep) all the way forward. Ensure your shifter is in 2wd and tighten the bolt back down.

It's been a while since I had to do it so I may have it reversed. You may have to pull the transfer case shifter (the one on the transfer case not in the jeep) all the way to the rear. Ensure your shifter is in 2wd and tighten the bolt back down.

Hope that's a little clearer than mud. Lol

Pm me if you need clarification. Lol

Keep your head low and your powder dry.

MistyCherie

Yep. In the end I ended up buying a new computer (ECM/ECU). Unfortunately mine is already past the 8 year mark so it isn't covered under powertrain warranty. Going on a couple weeks now since then... *fingers crossed*

So it went away for a week after you had it flashed, then came back?

DA RUNT

Yep. In the end I ended up buying a new computer (ECM/ECU). Unfortunately mine is already past the 8 year mark so it isn't covered under powertrain warranty. Going on a couple weeks now since then... *fingers crossed*

Sounds like you've got it fixed, the TJ's are very reliable. You should be good for a long time

MistyCherie

Issue came back on Monday. I am a very unhappy woman at the moment. I love my TJ. This issue is driving me bonkers, and my (limited )mod budget is also not happy about it. I will report back of any fixes, etc. I have found a few threads on other jeep forums about this EXACT issue with 05-06 TJs and unfortunately I am not alone.

Top Bottom