How to properly use Photobucket on this forum....

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
We have had a number of members complain about photobucket and it's annoyance.....so, after doing some digging, I have figured out what the problem is...

The problem is the code photobucket uses for the forum tags....they don't mesh well with the forum engine, and also links to photobucket since every picture posted becomes a direct link to them (free advertising for them, plus probably better google rankings).....so.....

Here is what you do and don't do.....

When you are looking at a photo that you want to share on WOL...like this....

Screen Shot 2014-05-19 at 9.31.21 PM.jpg

If you look on the right, you'll see 4 options to use as links...most of the time, people use the IMG link, which works, but makes the image a link, and causes all kinds of loading issues....so instead of that one, use the DIRECT link....copy that link, then when making a WOL post, click on the image icon above, click from URL, and paste the copied link in there. You can check the box to have the image rehosted to WOL or leave it unchecked if you want the image to remain hosted/shown through photobucket.

Rccrwlr

This is great!! It really is distracting to be re-directed. Thanks for helping the WOL user experience!

--rccrwlr

David1tontj

We have had a number of members complain about photobucket and it's annoyance.....so, after doing some digging, I have figured out what the problem is...

The problem is the code photobucket uses for the forum tags....they don't mesh well with the forum engine, and also links to photobucket since every picture posted becomes a direct link to them (free advertising for them, plus probably better google rankings).....so.....

Here is what you do and don't do.....

When you are looking at a photo that you want to share on WOL...like this....

View attachment 84016

If you look on the right, you'll see 4 options to use as links...most of the time, people use the IMG link, which works, but makes the image a link, and causes all kinds of loading issues....so instead of that one, use the DIRECT link....copy that link, then when making a WOL post, click on the image icon above, click from URL, and paste the copied link in there. You can check the box to have the image rehosted to WOL or leave it unchecked if you want the image to remain hosted/shown through photobucket.

👍👍👍👍👍. You deserve some free stuff!!

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

Rccrwlr

Let just bump this thread for fun. Seems like there are quite a few using Photosucket lately

--rccrwlr. ".....and that's it baby!"

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
i just want to bump this thread for those that are new since this was last replied to. :yup:

jfallon1

I immediately move on to the next thread when it's just a link to photobucket. Ha, it's a complete loss of interest every time.

Top Bottom