Christina lake and Shoshone lake trails near lander wyoming

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Wyoming is beautiful! I want to get up there sometime.

I've only lived here for 10 years and still have a bunch of places to go. I really want to go up north to Yellowstone. Also that Morrison jeep trail Is on the bucket list

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I've only lived here for 10 years and still have a bunch of places to go. I really want to go up north to Yellowstone. Also that Morrison jeep trail Is on the bucket list

Morrison looks fun and exhausting at the same time. I would love to try it. :thumb:

Matches

Just did Morrison in Aug with three other Jeeps. All four of us were 2drs. We started from the top and wondered what all the talk was about until we got to the switchbacks. Very tight. If in a four door I would definitely start from the bottom. Its going to be extremely tight in a four door but it can be done. We were making three pointers in our 2dr Jeeps. A lot of fun and great scenery.

olram30

Just did Morrison in Aug with three other Jeeps. All four of us were 2drs. We started from the top and wondered what all the talk was about until we got to the switchbacks. Very tight. If in a four door I would definitely start from the bottom. Its going to be extremely tight in a four door but it can be done. We were making three pointers in our 2dr Jeeps. A lot of fun and great scenery.

I'm not even sure this sounds fun.:eek:
I hear the camping and fishing is good at the top. Rumors of fantastic views also.

Matches

I'm not even sure this sounds fun.:eek:
I hear the camping and fishing is good at the top. Rumors of fantastic views also.

LOL. Views were great and just about every type of scenery imaginable. It is Grizzly country so if camping I'd make sure I had a good firearm. Plently of lakes at the top but I didn't fish any of them. I wouldn't mind spending a couple days at the top. Absolutely beautiful.

King Con

Been to both Christina Lake and Shoshone Lake several times on side by sides. Christina Lake is child's play compared to Shoshone Lake. Shoshone is ruff as HELL! I wouldn't put my Jeep or side by side through that hell again. Beautiful views but better on a four wheeler. Both these trails are just over an hour from the house.

Later,

King Con

olram30

Been to both Christina Lake and Shoshone Lake several times on side by sides. Christina Lake is child's play compared to Shoshone Lake. Shoshone is ruff as HELL! I wouldn't put my Jeep or side by side through that hell again. Beautiful views but better on a four wheeler. Both these trails are just over an hour from the house.

Later,

King Con

Yeah, I chickened out on Shoshone after Christina lake. Wasn't the smartest thing in a stock height jeep. It wasn't the big rocks that suck, it was the little ones that kissed my diff. The trees are tight, I can't see anything larger than a 4 door getting in there. By the looks of the trees, people tried.
From what I researched, there is 2 ways to get to Shoshone, one is for 4 wheelers and side by sides only. Going to do both next year.

King Con

One way in is vehicle, and the other side is only foot or horse travel. I have heard the one way would be impossible is any type of motorized.

olram30

One way in is vehicle, and the other side is only foot or horse travel. I have heard the one way would be impossible is any type of motorized.

Hmm, I did see video of a h3 and some tacomas getting in there, looked pretty rough.
Any other good trails similar to these? Trying to expand my Wyoming adventures.

Top Bottom