The "Mid Life" buy thread

Installed my Quarter Pounder with cheese this week :thumb: And no I didn't attempt the front bolts... actually I didn't even drill them :bleh:

2014-10-18 10.49.18.jpg

Notes:
I did not flip my sway bar motor I just left it where it was, after a few attempts flipping forward I didn't like the clearance with the tranny cooler line and I wouldn't be able to get to the no limits knob in the future. Tried flipping backwards and it didn't have enough clearance with the draglink turnbuckle, tried rotating the bolts on the turn buckle 180* and it was still to close and was worried about full stuff, However this position will be perfect with the no limits knob. So I put it back to stock and yes it is a little vulnerable now but we will see which direction I go.

I bought a 10M-1.50 x 100 which eliminates the need to ream out the hole for a new mounting location of the sway bar motor.

Worked on my spare tire hack for in the tub. I still need to pull it all back out and paint and make a more permanent strap hold for the single leg. I want to drive it around for a bit and chase down any rattle and other un wanted things. So far doesn't make a noise or budge at all. pretty happy with the outcome.

Rockhard rear seat harness bar
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1413842508.362121.jpg

Still storage behind
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1413842536.564445.jpg

Trex top should still work
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1413842557.958100.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1413842574.031315.jpg

Worked on my spare tire hack for in the tub. I still need to pull it all back out and paint and make a more permanent strap hold for the single leg. I want to drive it around for a bit and chase down any rattle and other un wanted things. So far doesn't make a noise or budge at all. pretty happy with the outcome.

View attachment 106147

Still storage behind
View attachment 106148

View attachment 106149

View attachment 106150

Looks good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Recurve

Curious, I really thinking about going this route instead of a Evo carrier. Since im pretty much solo most the time in my jeep. Do you know if you can fit a trektop NX with this setup?
BTW, AWESOME looking rig! anvil is my favorite color.

Curious, I really thinking about going this route instead of a Evo carrier. Since im pretty much solo most the time in my jeep. Do you know if you can fit a trektop NX with this setup?
BTW, AWESOME looking rig! anvil is my favorite color.

The tire stays in line or just inside the Roll cage so I am assuming yes, I plan on getting one soon so time will tell. A friend with a trex top said it looks like it should work based on the pictures.

bkac

Caught the Bug
I don't see any issues with using a trextop and a 37. Looks like plenty of room! Looks great :thumbup:

Sent from my VS980 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

Recurve

The tire stays in line or just inside the Roll cage so I am assuming yes, I plan on getting one soon so time will tell. A friend with a trex top said it looks like it should work based on the pictures.

Sweet, thanks guys. Im going to 37s soon an this looks like it will save me some weight an money, plus with the top off in the summer it will look kickass with the spare mounted inside like that!
It gives it that dune buggy look IMO, looks good.

Dune Crawler

How did you strap the 3 point to the harness bar. Did you widen the two strap points holes so it could fit around the harness bar? Trying to get an idea of the project 👍

-Nicco

How did you strap the 3 point to the harness bar. Did you widen the two strap points holes so it could fit around the harness bar? Trying to get an idea of the project 

-Nicco

The Strap goes over the bar all the way to the floor and is anchored where the seat/seatbelt is anchored to the floor.

2014-10-20 14.34.52.jpg

Oregonjeeper

View attachment 106147

Still storage behind
View attachment 106148

View attachment 106149

View attachment 106150

Man that looks pretty cool!!!:2thumbsup:

trailless

Caught the Bug
Nice solution to your spare tire! Also, looks like you still have some room back there for groceries! ;)

Do you know how tall the highest point is on your jeep?

JK LYF

This is a great build. Look forward to seeing more! Question; I noticed you used your stock tire carrier for awhile. Wondering if you had any issues with the 37s sitting on the stock carrier. And, how much do your tires/wheels weigh?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom