Fox Shocks?

Capita

I can have these brand new from a Ford Raptor for cheap. Can't find any specs on them. Anyone know if they'll work on the rear if I remove the shaft covers?

$_20.JPG

Capita

$700 for the pair. I called the Ford dealership and the price is $1007+ tax CAD each. Was told they are 12" travel, and the Jeep's got 3" lift. I think i'll just need the bar pin bracket for the tops.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
$700 for the pair. I called the Ford dealership and the price is $1007+ tax CAD each. Was told they are 12" travel, and the Jeep's got 3" lift. I think i'll just need the bar pin bracket for the tops.

You don't get lift from shocks.

I would pass. Those shocks are setup for a 7000+ pound truck, not a 4500 pound jeep.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Kinda sounds like you have your mind made up on buying these already so let us know how it goes

Sent from my iPhone

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
What's the collapsed length? Probably pretty long for 12" travel. And probably going to have to run a taller bump stop so they don't bottom out and probably going to lose up travel. And can 3" coils handle 12" travel? Might have to run limit straps so your coils don't fall out.

Last edited:

HLKSMSH

First off you can fab up anything to work now how they will work once you do will not be that nice. They are for a truck that has a lot more weight than your jeep. If you do anything buy them and try and make a few extra bucks when you sale them if you can.

Capita

First off you can fab up anything to work now how they will work once you do will not be that nice. They are for a truck that has a lot more weight than your jeep. If you do anything buy them and try and make a few extra bucks when you sale them if you can.

True. I'm not scared to be wrong. Pretty sure I can make money on them either way.

jkjurny

You can also revalve them for the weight of your Jeep. You should do that at least as part of the experiment.

Christarp

I have a strange feeling that buying the wrong shocks, and then modifying them to fit, and revalving them to work decently on a vehicle that weighs a ton less than the intended application would be more time and effort than just buying the right ones in the first place, depending on how much value you put on your own time and effort of course..

bbailey

Banned
A 12 inch coilover will give you around 3 inches of up travel with a 4 inch lift. Unless you are running uncomfortably stiff strings, your bumpstops are gonna get a workout.

With EVO Rockstars and long travel upper mounts, the shock body is still dangerously low. Low enough that the right rock is gonna do serious damage.

Only way 12's work is with a long travel upper mount and standard lower mounts. With a 4 inch lift, you'll have roughly 5 inches of up travel. That's reasonably workable.

I agree with the other comments on valving. They are gonna be way the fuck off. Raptors are valved for fast desert travel. JK's, aside from DTD equipped JK's, are not.

For around $600 you can buy properly valved, 12 inch King remote reservoir smoothies, hell, I've got a set in the garage I'll sell for that price. That's a much better option than experimenting with Raptor valved shocks.

They'll still be too big however.

Top Bottom