simulated beadlock ring?

Otzy

Hey guys,

so I'm setting up my build or just doing a bunch of research these days, the rim that I've found that i've really liked is this

http://www.methodracewheels.com/collections/street-wheels/products/double-standard-machined

its a method double standard wheel

but i had 2 questions about it

1) is anyone running this that has pictures?

2) whats the difference b/w beadlock wheels and simulated beadlock wheels? My guess is that its just that the simulated one just looks like it has beads? But i also heard theres like varying levels of bead lock wheels... idk haha..

Along with this, i heard that true bead locks are illegal in Colorado (where i currently am) due to DOT specs, has anyone ever gotten in trouble for there wheels?

witchdoctor

simulated "beadlocks" are just that, simulated. they are just like any other rim. I have method race wheels, "the standard", and love them. the bolts are removable and I plan on getting rim guards that will bolt right on.

Attachments

• Untitled_HDR2_zpsc71aa69f.jpg
    Untitled_HDR2_zpsc71aa69f.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 418

Otzy

ah thank you for clearing that up.

could you define rim guards?

haha and your rig looks gorgeous, i love the blue d rings and winch plate ya got going.

witchdoctor

They look like the bead lock rings.. but just serve to keep the edge of the rim from being damaged from rubbing against rocks and such

JLE21

I'm running the standard as well,. Like stated their not true beadlocks,.. I don't have ring guards but I did plastidip the simulated ring portion just for the heck of it, here's a pic

Attachments

• 1401612339701.jpg
    1401612339701.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 370

JLE21

Out of curiosity witchdoctor, who makes rim guards for the method wheels? I don't think I've seen that option for these,. I ask because id be interested in them as well :thumbup:

Otzy

Ah thanks so much, that rig looks sick to man!

JLE, out of curiosity what kind of paint did you use to work on the rims? just spray paint?

JLE21

Ah thanks so much, that rig looks sick to man!

JLE, out of curiosity what kind of paint did you use to work on the rims? just spray paint?

Thanks man :D I used plasti dip spray paint,.it comes in a variety of colors and It's removable, just to get an idea on how it would look before doing it permanently.

witchdoctor

Thanks man :D I used plasti dip spray paint,.it comes in a variety of colors and It's removable, just to get an idea on how it would look before doing it permanently.

yup.... I'm waiting for a quote from my powder coat guy to have my bolt heads done.

JKFlyer

yup.... I'm waiting for a quote from my powder coat guy to have my bolt heads done.

I am getting fuel trophy...fake beadlocks. Piwdercoster says about 30-40 a wheel to do outer ring....

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

BlackRubiJKU

Simulated Bead lock

View attachment 88801 I have Rugged Ridge XHD with a bead protector. In my opinion its a good look, and provides protection. Mine look really aggressive and I get lots of comments. Photo Jun 07, 2 06 55 PM.jpg

Hey guys,

so I'm setting up my build or just doing a bunch of research these days, the rim that I've found that i've really liked is this

http://www.methodracewheels.com/collections/street-wheels/products/double-standard-machined

its a method double standard wheel

but i had 2 questions about it

1) is anyone running this that has pictures?

2) whats the difference b/w beadlock wheels and simulated beadlock wheels? My guess is that its just that the simulated one just looks like it has beads? But i also heard theres like varying levels of bead lock wheels... idk haha..

Along with this, i heard that true bead locks are illegal in Colorado (where i currently am) due to DOT specs, has anyone ever gotten in trouble for there wheels?

Peak

I'm running the standard as well,. Like stated their not true beadlocks,.. I don't have ring guards but I did plastidip the simulated ring portion just for the heck of it, here's a pic

Are the rings removable? Or did you just tape everything off to paint them?

Top Bottom