Napalm's NEW 2014 Jeep JKU Sport Picture diary/Build thread!

Napalm

A trade was negotiated for my hard top for a New in Box TrekTop NX + some cash. Being this was my best offer so far, I decided to accept it.

The people I made the deal with came out of Houston, we decided to meet in Lufkin, TX. Which if you didn't know, has one of the coolest downtown squares that I have ever seen! Being this the last day of the year that I could be naked, due to some September severe storms and cold fronts coming in, I decided to take the 155 mile round trip doors, 85 of that being topless & doorless. Here are the pictures from my journey!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1410202781.162194.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1410202824.180425.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1410202851.380071.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1410202873.691601.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1410202893.085991.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1410202918.125146.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1410202938.380529.jpg

As most of you that follow this thread, you already know what's going to replace it. If you don't.. Well then you'll just have to wait for the surprise. :)

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
A trade was negotiated for my hard top for a New in Box TrekTop NX + some cash. Being this was my best offer so far, I decided to accept it.

The people I made the deal with came out of Houston, we decided to meet in Lufkin, TX. Which if you didn't know, has one of the coolest downtown squares that I have ever seen! Being this the last day of the year that I could be naked, due to some September severe storms and cold fronts coming in, I decided to take the 155 mile round trip doors, 85 of that being topless & doorless. Here are the pictures from my journey!
View attachment 99411
View attachment 99412
View attachment 99413
View attachment 99414
View attachment 99416
View attachment 99418
View attachment 99420

As most of you that follow this thread, you already know what's going to replace it. If you don't.. Well then you'll just have to wait for the surprise. :)

Those are some awesome pics. They make me want to strip down and run naked. Mabe after the flood watch is lifted. :thumbup:

Sent from a galaxy far far away.

Napalm

Those are some awesome pics. They make me want to strip down and run naked. Mabe after the flood watch is lifted. :thumbup:

Yeah we've got storms and cool temps coming for the next few weeks. I look forward to them, but it was nice to run naked 1 more time!

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Yeah we've got storms and cool temps coming for the next few weeks. I look forward to them, but it was nice to run naked 1 more time!

Hope it doesn't flood like we are experiencing right now. First shot is of a flooded minivan, next is me and a random sailor helping to push a flooded Nissan altima. Both pics are from the end of my street.

Attachments

• 1410215420032.jpg
    1410215420032.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 523
  • 1410215429962.jpg
    1410215429962.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 519

Napalm

Hope it doesn't flood like we are experiencing right now. First shot is of a flooded minivan, next is me and a random sailor helping to push a flooded Nissan altima. Both pics are from the end of my street.

Thats terrible!! Keep safe! Prayers for everyone in your neck of the woods.

So holdup on the top... there were some bent brackets in the kit.

JKBlackie

So holdup on the top... there were some bent brackets in the kit.

Any update on the top?

I experienced something similar. I sold my hardtop and bought a brand new in box Trektop NX and as I was installing it the brackets were bending and couldn't hold up. To the tension. Awful experience knowing that's your only top now! I ended up getting my money back and just ordering a new one from Bestop and it installed flawlessly. I hope you can get ahold of something else that will work for you!

Napalm

Any update on the top?

I experienced something similar. I sold my hardtop and bought a brand new in box Trektop NX and as I was installing it the brackets were bending and couldn't hold up. To the tension. Awful experience knowing that's your only top now! I ended up getting my money back and just ordering a new one from Bestop and it installed flawlessly. I hope you can get ahold of something else that will work for you!

Apparently the place that I got the top from accepts responsibilty and have some brackets on the way in the mail straight from bestop. we can only hope that they will be here before the incoming weather this weekend.

JKBlackie

Apparently the place that I got the top from accepts responsibilty and have some brackets on the way in the mail straight from bestop. we can only hope that they will be here before the incoming weather this weekend.

Yeah I hope so! And I hope they hold down for you. Good luck sir!

Napalm

Let's take this day to remember the 343 Firefighters that lost their lives on this day 13 years ago. Also the loss of life of paramedics, police officers, and all Americans that were killed today. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1410437199.540252.jpg

JKUndaunted

Let's take this day to remember the 343 Firefighters that lost their lives on this day 13 years ago. Also the loss of life of paramedics, police officers, and all Americans that were killed today. View attachment 99793

We raised your flag today at half mast. We stand with you from across the Atlantic. :beer:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Napalm

So the trek top NX install went through today without an issue!

Now you'll just have to wait for pictures ;)

Easy install if you have sun and 90* temps.

Napalm

Okay so I've spoken with Bestop and it appears my header assembly will have to be replaced, it's bent.

Napalm

So even still with the fitment issues, I should have my new top next week sometime. Here are some shots of the TrekTop currently on my rig! ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1410642642.400134.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1410642655.716175.jpg

Top Bottom