George Washington natl. forest ohv

engineman1031

Anyone know what wheelin is like on the George Washington national forest ohv trails me and a couple buddy's live in VA and wanna go but wanna see what others have to say about it

GRNHORN

I have been looking into this as well. If you look up the jeep clubs in VA you will see some information and pictures of them on the trails. I know you have to purchase a permit to run the trails, on there website you can see a list of locations to purchase the permit.

I plan to take a weekend soon and go check it out, when are you planning on going?

GRNHORN

What happened with this?

Are you still looking into going?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Not sure what happened to the OP. But I did head up flagpole knob two weekends ago and I can see how it would be a fun time wheeling. The off shoot obstacles look pretty good. I also talked with the local jeep club that just did Potts mountain and they claim that some areas are deff difficult. The guy claimed that you would need at least 35s in some areas.

2014 JKUR

GRNHORN

Well I guess I will look to go sometime.

I am headed to AOAA next weekend to do some blue and black trails. So when I get back I will start looking again.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

DCSEA

Some Links to Trails in GWNF

Hey all,

I've been geeking around the web for some info on trails in the GWNF. I ran the easy Flagpole Knob trail via Union Srings a cpl weeks ago. It was my last trip on the stock rubi suspension! Now I am ready to test the new suspension!

http://www.dirtopia.com/wiki/George_Washington_National_Forest_-_North_River_Ranger_District_(Harrisonburg_Area)

http://www.everytrail.com/browse.php?country=United+States&state=Virginia&activity_id=32

I haven't had time to check out all the trails listed via web or live, but I have knocked Flagpole / Meadow Knob off as stated above.

Mike, DCSEA

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Yup flagpole knob was pretty fun. I came from swittzer lake off of us 33. I think the next trail I'm going to try will be shoe creek. Heard that one is good. There is also potts mountain but I've got no info other than you need a lift and tires to make it through.

2014 JKUR

JeepinRay

Did Shoe Creek a few weeks back. Beautiful trail but fairly easy. Planning on doing potts mountain in October. You guys should look into doing this:

http://www.va4wda.org/annual.html

Sept 19th and 20th.

It's on Oakridge Estates and some really fun trails. 2 days with camping. Did this back in the spring and had a blast.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Jeep club I'm part of claimed that event fills up fast and is fairly expensive. Id rather do RC with a bunch of WOL ers! :thumbup::D lol

2014 JKUR

JeepinRay

Jeep club I'm part of claimed that event fills up fast and is fairly expensive. Id rather do RC with a bunch of WOL ers! :thumbup::D lol

2014 JKUR

I hear ya. It's a bit high but does go for a charity 😄 Never been up to RC. Lemme know if a group from here in VA go up and we'll do a convoy.

Top Bottom