Tool Storage - I hate rattles

The simple way is just throw all your trail tools in a box and off you go. However you get to listen to them rattle and clank around.

Was thinking putting all the wrenches and screw drivers and such in tool wraps and be done with it.

How do you guys store your trail tools?

JeepinLife

Caught the Bug
The simple way is just throw all your trail tools in a box and off you go. However you get to listen to them rattle and clank around.

Was thinking putting all the wrenches and screw drivers and such in tool wraps and be done with it.

Get the drawer inserts that's have slots for each individual tool. Such as the ones that come with the big tool sets

JKFlyer

Throw some foam or bubble wrap in the tool box and ur good to go! :thumbup:

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

hogtyed

Tailgate

I mounted on the tailgate. Crush 019.jpg :beer:

RangerRubi

I began building my tool/recovery kit a couple of months ago and ran across these for tool storage.

http://www.ergodyne.com/products/pages/default.aspx?PCA=85&PRD=264

This is what I went with for wrenches.

http://www.ergodyne.com/products/pages/default.aspx?PCA=85&PRD=342

Very happy with them so far. I have a small Pelican case and a Northface basecamp duffle to store everything in. I think I prefer the duffle though because it takes up less room when I'm packing out the back for the trail.

Thanks the roll ups are probably the direction I will go, I have a SKB Gun case that I might see if I can cut the foam to hold ALL my tools including my cordless stuff .... we will see

Serg5000

I separated all the different tools and put them into Klein ballistic nylon tool bags. They help keep everything quiet.

JAGS

Hooked
Gotta love the search feature. Bringing Branman's thread back to life...

Any creative and compact storage solutions for sockets? I currently carry a few sets (deep socket and regular) when going on runs. Throwing them in a bag is an option, but then trying to find the right size when needed might be a PITA. The storage sticks are an option too, just wondering if I'm missing a more compact idea.

upnover

I just did a canvas zipped bag from Amazon. It made it easier for them to sit in my .50 cal box and I just placed metric in one, sae in another, then separated by drive size. They came with a holder but that ended up being too long and couldn't fit the box.

I am too trying to get creative on storage as wheeling with kids and dogs eats up lots of room.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug

Any creative and compact storage solutions for sockets? I currently carry a few sets (deep socket and regular) when going on runs. Throwing them in a bag is an option, but then trying to find the right size when needed might be a PITA. The storage sticks are an option too, just wondering if I'm missing a more compact idea.

I think the rails are probably the "best" all around. They keep them organized and in place. I don't have any in the jeep as of yet as all of mine are still in the blow molded cases they come in. Almost every time you open those the sockets are scattered. I have one Kobalt set that has the SAE deep sockets in the lid/one side of the case and they lock in pretty good so they are always in place. Every other socket in the set just sets in place and they move around.

I'm thinking of trying to move everything over to bags and then put the bags in some of the action packer totes under the Tuffy deck lid I have. I already have one bag that has a screwdriver set, plier set, allen wrenches, torx set, then a wrench set in a tool roll. The toll roll is a Carhartt brand and made of their heavy canvas like their coats. It is pretty neat but wasn't cheap for what it was. Hopefully it lasts. Had it for about a year now and it still looks good.

Recurve

Must be old thread, cause he has even less storage now lol I'm running same setup as branman , so storage is limited image.jpg

holliewood61

I dont know if you run a back seat or not. I built a shelf to tote my spare on top and used an instatrunk to make a back for my storage area. I use the blow molded cases with a piece of thin foam inside when I can. I also have a couple small bags for wrenches, pliers, ratchets, etc. There is also room for my tree saver and all my fluids.

I use 3 small bags for sockets 1 SAE 1 Metric and 1 for the ones you use the most - this will be the go to bag and only has 4 or 5 sockets in it and are usually what you need.

Also They have some flexible strips that I have NOT tried yet but am going to give a look. - Here is a link

Must be old thread, cause he has even less storage now lol I'm running same setup as branman , so storage is limited

I use small tool rolls and bags and they all fit to the left and right of the tire and are accessible from the Gate - the rest goes behind the back seat.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I have purchased on the cheep empty tool cases such as Dewalt, Bosch, etc from big box stores to store tools in.

Dirt Foot

I separated all the different tools and put them into Klein ballistic nylon tool bags. They help keep everything quiet.

I second the Klein tool bags. They work great. Separate them as you wish then throw them in a bigger canvas carry bag. No rattles at all.

Rccrwlr

And they come in different colors!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1432650736.507126.jpg .

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1432650685.972402.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1432650685.972402.jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 126
Top Bottom