Any idea or tips on how to secure a paddle board to the JK's roof (no rack or rails)?

RJEEPO

found a couldn't resist used deal on "goal post" setup am going to try out. will need a front light bar mount so shopping that also to get it done vs. waiting for class and more than likely bungling efforts & more "is it done yet" from SWMBO. at least this is way cheaper than a full on rack so I can get a nice rear bumper instead. :) probably sell the old boat loaders if won't fit this. I swear all this is like playing tetris getting all the pieces to fall in place.

edit: received the goal post! good for one but I think needs mod for 2. my plan was to cut off the 2 short vertical uprights. extend both sides with pipe or something. can utilize the holes already in the square tube with pins or bolts to secure. if make the extension pieces long enough they could serve as boat loader extensions! 2 hurricanes bearing down on us now so this all goes on hold. off to store for plywood.

B.I. pretty much obliterated hurricane Iselle! hurricane Julio is right behind but veering off just to the north whoo hoo so pretty much avoided disaster here. others weren't so lucky though much flooding, downed trees, power outage. Only one casualty so far.
pic uploaded, 65 bucks with free shipping. am looking forward to getting my first arc welder sometime.

Attachments

• IMG_4170_edited-1.jpg
    IMG_4170_edited-1.jpg
    380.8 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Top Bottom