jmatta33 Build thread

JKFlyer

jmatta33

X2. Please tell us you drove it like that. :D

Loading please wait....

not only did I drive it like that, but Ive had more compliments and even a little girls ask to take a picture of it LOL. im thinking I may just leave it!

RLTW!!!

jmatta33

ok not really! heres a sneak peak at the progress so far... I plan to do a full review/write up after its done. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1411043528.121473.jpg

RLTW!!!

jmatta33

This is coming along nicely! Nice work.

I do like the grill....What paint did you use for that? I am tempted to paint my grill black and like the look of this....

thanks! i used tough liner. used an undercoating spray gun for application. should get a lot more work on the cage done tonight.

RLTW!!!

jmatta33

Wow! Looks good! Can't wait to see finished

thanks man! I still need to clean up the welds and have a couple brackets welded on before its completely ready to start prepping for paint. im also going to try to figure out how to mount the trektop brackets on there to see if the top will fit. worst case ill just have to run the bikini top and a wind jammer and leave the back open.

RLTW!!!

jmatta33

Updating the old build thread today, I figure I'll throw out my list of mods so far and the build list that I have planned....

Current Mods

-Poison Spyder Rocker Knockers
-Poison Spyder Crusher Flares
-Poison Spyder Body Armor
-Poison Spyder B-Pillar Armor
-Poison Spyder Spare Tire Delete/Tramp Stamp
-Bestop Trextop NX
-Body Armor Cargo Net Tube Doors
-Tough Lined Floor Boards
-Genright Off Road Full Roll Cage

Build List

• EVO MFG Vacuum Pump Relocation Bracket
• Poison Spyder BFH front bumper winch plate and fairlead
• EVO Rear Bumper Fascia and D-Rings
• WARN winch (model TBD)
• EVO Rocker Skins
• EVO Rear Tire Carrier
• EVO High Clearance Long Arm Kit
• EVO Drag link Flip & Front Track Bar Relocation Kit
• King Air Bump Stops
• EVO Double Throw Down Coil Over Kit
• Dynatrac ProRock rear 80 w/ ARB Locker
• Dynatrac ProRock front 60 w/ ARB Locker
• EVO ARB Compressor Bracket
• ARB Compressor
• 1350 JE Reel Drive Shafts Front & Rear
• 40x15.5x20 Nitto Trail Grapplers
• ATX Chamber Pro II Bead Lock Wheels 20x9

Those are all the major components I have planned so far. There will be other accessories and what not (i.e. off road lighting, rocker panels, etc..) Right now I'm holding on pulling the roll cage to finish it off with paint and all that because I'm missing a tube. Not sure if I lost it or if it fell out of the box during delivery so I have to order a replacement and have it welded in before I pull the cage for prep/paint. Genright is charging me $85 for this part BTW which I kinda feel like is BS considering I paid $2500 for the kit and it took them damn near two months to ship. Granted I may be at fault for losing it somewhere but I just think when someone drops that kind of coin on a brand new product, it would be a nice gesture to send a replacement as a thank you for spending a shit load of money on our said companies product. But maybe thats just me...

Last edited:

Armydog

Very nice build brother.

I love the color - orange and black, kind of partial to that color scheme.... the cage is seriously diesel. Awesome Jeep.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Sounds like a solid list. Kinda weird they couldn't hook you up with a piece of pipe that may have been lost or not included.

jmatta33

Sounds like a solid list. Kinda weird they couldn't hook you up with a piece of pipe that may have been lost or not included.

yeah I called them and they were like "yeah we'll get it right out to you and figure out what happened" then a couple days later I get a call back with "hey it was sent on our end so we'll have to charge you $85 for the pipe". the box was damaged but I didnt think to go through every single piece to account for everything. In all fairness it could have slid out of the Jeep when I took everything to get welded (I highly doubt but anything is possible). I just figure after dropping that much coin they could eat the $80 and send me a replacement. Its a nominal amount considering its a $2500 cage but still just lets me know how far they are willing to go for customer satisfaction.

RLTW!!!

jmatta33

Very nice build brother.

I love the color - orange and black, kind of partial to that color scheme.... the cage is seriously diesel. Awesome Jeep.

thanks, its in its infancy now. When its done, it will be full retard though.

RLTW!!!

Top Bottom