Coilover Question

thadeus618

I was planning on going with the Rear DTD system also and would like to add the Genrite Tank but just from looking at the DTD setup it doesn't look like they will work together. Hopefully I'm wrong. Anyone know if you can do both?

planning to run fuel cell in back also, so that wont be an issue you either.

RLTW!!!

Planning to run a fuel cell where? In the cab? Or in the back under the body (Genright)?

It's my understanding that you can't run the Genright Fuel Cell Relocation kit with the EVO DTD. So if you're set on running that, your rear coilover options might be limited to EVO Bolt-On Coilovers or Genright.

jmatta33

Planning to run a fuel cell where? In the cab? Or in the back under the body (Genright)?

It's my understanding that you can't run the Genright Fuel Cell Relocation kit with the EVO DTD. So if you're set on running that, your rear coilover options might be limited to EVO Bolt-On Coilovers or Genright.

20 gallon fuel cell in the tub between the rear tires. it should fit if turned longways if i end up needing to cut into the cab

RLTW!!!

Walldog

Ok, so ask yourself this: what is it you REALLY want a coilover kit for? The flex, right? What do they advertise as amount of "true vertical travel"? Wayalife's white Jk has a TRUE vertical travel of 14", no other brand has beat that yet.

Metalcloak comes to mind

The difference between theory and practice is.. In theory there is no difference.

Walldog

Can you prove they don't keyboard hero? I suppose fox or kings are the greatest on the planet without a single problem ever?

Check your attitude mate.

The difference between theory and practice is.. In theory there is no difference.

Can you prove they don't keyboard hero? I suppose fox or kings are the greatest on the planet without a single problem ever?

You're the one that opened your trap, now prove me wrong newbie.

Walldog

You made a statement, the metalcloak will give 14" of travel, been proved by plenty of people with it on, so prove it can't , you're the one who started with the attitude numpty, here is your proof

www.metalcloak.com

Now, fuckoff, get a better attitude next time someone points out that you made a false, stupid and uneducated statement ( even though all I did was point out another manufacturer ) .

Ya see fucktard YOU made the statement, I only answered you. I quite like the DTD, won't work with my setup, have to go bolt ons. Doesn't mean I have to put up with a shit eating keyboard hero like you though

Have a nice day :)

I agree

I think you're just here to run your mouth. One second you want to "try" to bash coilovers then the next you say they're sexy. You can't and won't back up your bashing simply because all the N/A's in your bio shows you don't have a clue what you're talking about, "Mate".

GCM 2

Actually, Fox and King coilovers and bypass shocks have proven to be problem free. If they were not, these two companies combined would not own over 75% of the market in offroad racing. Go to any Ultra 4, LOORS, SCORE, or SST race series and look at what is attached to axles and trailing arms ;)

....and by the way your quote in your signature is incorrect, it is by Yogi Berra and actually he is quoted as saying:

"In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is."

Walldog

Didn't try and bash coil overs, you're the one claiming only king coilovers can do 14" travel, simply not true. What don't like others pointing out facts, and yes I have better things to do than fill in bio's

Although it goes to show, not all truck drivers are opinionated, mouthy fools, but all opinionated mouthy fools are truck drivers, good buddy :)

Metalcloaks WILL NOT give that kind of flex. There's a reason why you don't see many people on here running it. If you think a traditional coil spring lift will give that kind of flex (without unseating the springs) then you're smoking some pretty good dope.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You made a statement, the metalcloak will give 14" of travel, been proved by plenty of people with it on, so prove it can't , you're the one who started with the attitude numpty, here is your proof

www.metalcloak.com

Now, fuckoff, get a better attitude next time someone points out that you made a false, stupid and uneducated statement ( even though all I did was point out another manufacturer ) .

Ya see fucktard YOU made the statement, I only answered you. I quite like the DTD, won't work with my setup, have to go bolt ons. Doesn't mean I have to put up with a shit eating keyboard hero like you though

Have a nice day :)

Easy there hotshot. To be clear, the MC kit specifically states that their kit (with game changer shocks) offers up to 14 of "shock travel" - NOT "vertical travel". This is stated on their website and there is a difference between the two. From MC's website...

Screen Shot 2014-07-11 at 6.35.12 AM.png

Another kit that comes to mind is the Rebel kit that comes with 14" Kings coil overs. However, when you do an actual measurement, it only yields about 9.5" of "vertical" travel in the rear and a bit more in up front. I have personally seen and measured this for myself. Likewise, an EVO lever only uses 8" coil overs but due to its design, yields 14" of vertical travel. Again, there is a BIG difference between "shock travel" and "vertical travel". The one who was stating "false, stupid and uneducated statement" here was you my friend and with a bad attitude. Just saying...

Top Bottom