Igloo Power Cooler Placement in a JKU

liljohn850

So I know a lot of guys have the ARB cooler, but I got a sweet deal on an Igloo powered cooler from the ol' CL and was curious if anyone else had one and how they mounted it. I've got a few ideas, but if someone else has already trial and errored it, I'm all ears....errrr eyes.

Benny

They are notorius power hogs. Probably kill the battery if left overnight in warm climates. That and they only cool so much(20-30 degrees) below the ambient temp so on hot say 90 out your stuff will be 60. I wouldn't rely on them for food storage over longer periods. I'd stick with Ice or Dry ice.

I had mine for all of 3 days before I found it was a bigger pain than anything. Just had it sitting in the back running off the outlet back there.

liljohn850

They are notorius power hogs. Probably kill the battery if left overnight in warm climates. That and they only cool so much(20-30 degrees) below the ambient temp so on hot say 90 out your stuff will be 60. I wouldn't rely on them for food storage over longer periods. I'd stick with Ice or Dry ice.

I had mine for all of 3 days before I found it was a bigger pain than anything. Just had it sitting in the back running off the outlet back there.

Glad I didn't pay for it ;) but awesome info. Thanks!

Top Bottom