Holy gods of horsepower - Hellcat 707 HP

Irish JK

Caught the Bug
The charger is simply too ugly. That's my personal opinion but it just looks like a rental/police car.

If they've extended the platform to the charger I would be surprised of the WK2 grand cherokee doesn't get one...I know the GC SRT crowd would pounce on this....or maybe even a Ram 1500.

I'm so surprised that no one has figured out how to properly cool a JK with a big engine or a force fed one. I suppose our cooling demands are rather unique since we need to cool massive loads at under 3mph. Basically the fans and basic convection have to do all the work

I agree, the Challenger is better looking and in the long run will be the model to have/keep no doubt. I do think what they have done with the Charger is not bad looking and hopefully will wear well. The interior has gotten miles better for sure.

I really do hope they put the Hellcat into the GC. It would be very special, sill fast (quick) and I would definitely pick one up. I would have to believe it would really get close to that magical 3.0sec 0-60 number off the floor with the summer tires.

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Just my :twocents:, but I'd guess this car has more capability in a straight line and on a road course than I have ability. Therefore, I want one.:yup:

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
So the real question is...will it fit in a JK?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Other than hood clearance for the blower, I don't see why not. It's possible the oil pan could be too low, but you could always do a dry sump conversion.

Irish JK

Caught the Bug
So the real question is...will it fit in a JK?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Agreed, hood mods and should be pretty much same plug and play with AEV.

Although, figuring out intercooler in already cramped spaces should be interesting.

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
I don't know how Chrysler configures their intercooler on the hellcat, but it's pretty common to have a water to air intercooler sandwiched under the blower in between the cylinder head intake ports. I don't think this would need an air to air intercooler, but I would guess that the radiator and engine cooling on this monster would be the main challenge.

Top Bottom