Warn M8000-S VS VR10000-S ???

I've decided that before I spend money on other stuff, we have gambled enough and our next (really should've been earlier) purchase will be a winch.

The two I am looking at are both Warn... The M8000-S or VR10000-S. Both seem to be in the same price point. I'm not worried about line speed in the least.

What's everyones thoughts between the two?

noroad

I have not looked into them but as you have the unlimited i would say you might want to get a 1000 min to pull your weight out! do you know how much yours weights??

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I think one is made in America and one in China.

yea if i remember correctly the VR series is made in china and is just like the shittybuilt and the like. the M series is made in america and thats why its the same price for a 8,000 lb winch compared to the 10k VR series

I have not looked into them but as you have the unlimited i would say you might want to get a 1000 min to pull your weight out! do you know how much yours weights??

I haven't put it on the scales yet but I have tried to keep it light. ( fenders and carrier are aluminium).

I am also okay with carrying line and doing an out and back pull.

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I think one is made in America and one in China.

yea if i remember correctly the VR series is made in china and is just like the shittybuilt and the like. the M series is made in america and thats why its the same price for a 8,000 lb winch compared to the 10k VR series

Interesting.... If I'm going the China route (which I don't plan to) I would likely just go Engo. Looking more like an M8k

What's the price on a 9.5 one? Cti or something? Meet in the middle?

This is going to sound REALLY stupid... But I don't like the looks of the integrated solenoid winches. Actually, I don't like the look of any solenoid.

My plans are to add the wireless controller and relocate it.

Last edited:

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
This is going to sound REALLY stupid... But I don't like the looks of the integrated solenoid winches. Actually, I don't like the look of any solenoid.

My plans are to add the wireless controller and relocate it.

Oh, I see. Nothing wrong with that. I guess a warn wireless remote would work good that route.

Top Bottom