Should I buy??

FastZach

I am looking for an XJ and a buddy of mine wants me to buy his. Here are the particulars on it. He wants $5k for it.

Here is a pic of it at the job I'll get some more very soon. It has 130k roughly runs great no issues .
Motor-4.0 high output straight six
Tranny-auto with 243 transfercase
Front diff-Dana 30 with lock right
Rear Dana 44 with power lock
Rear driveshaft custom DV heavy duty
Suspension is rusty's off-road complete 8" long arm kit it was 2k alone check it online for specifics at rustysoffraod.com
33 inch muds on black steel wheels
Wilderness roof rack
8k warn winch with kc lights and tube bumper

photo (2).jpg

Let me know if its a good deal or not.. Plan on taking it wheeling tomorrow..

Thanks

Attachments

• photo (2).jpg
    photo (2).jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 125

mcpuck

Caught the Bug
My rule of thumb, Look under a Jeep before you buy it. If is shows signs of being off road, pass on it. Buy one that has no signs of off road use and build it. You have a lot better chance of getting one that hasn’t been abused or frankenstein’d together. ;)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That's a great looking Jeep and at $5k, it could be a good deal. Hard to say for sure without me driving it and giving it a thorough look. For me personally, I prefer buying used Jeeps that are as stock as possible. I've done the built up Jeep thing in the past and have found that you end up spending more time and money fixing the mistakes of the previous owner than anything.

FastZach

Thanks for the quick response guys.. I'll drive it today and really see what condition it is in

pvanweelden

Definitely check underneath it like McPuck said ^. check the unibody rails closely around all suspension mounting points. check the floor pans- although its not that hard to replace them.
Has it been geared?
130k is actually low miles for the inline 6 as long as its been treated fine.
8" is a little tall for my taste, but you've got room and good enough axles to step up to 35's or even 37's.

Top Bottom