'07 Overland HEMI fuel economy

I bought my wife a HEMI Overland for Christmas. I knew that the fuel economy would suck but I didn't expect to only get 8-ish MPG! This is all going by the on board computer BTW. One thing I have never been able to calculate is the true MPG average because getting my wife to set the trip meter and writing down the exact gallons she puts in it just won't happen.

I recently got the computer flashed to reset a check engine light regarding a P0430 code as well as recall N23. My friend/mechanic said this may help with the economy issue as several parameters (his example - shift points) should be updated with this flash that may help increase the efficiency. Still can't really get a handle on whether this has helped at all.

The overall questions I have are this: Does the 8-9MPG range sound right to anyone here? Was I expecting too much out of the HEMI to get me around 300-350 miles highway driving per tank?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

safecracker909

Welcome to the Hemi crowd. I get between 10-11 on the highway. 250 miles to the tank. Since I upgraded to RockJock 60s, the mileage is worse. I have since purchase another car for everyday driving and I am keeping the Jeep as a trail rig.

Welcome to the Hemi crowd. I get between 10-11 on the highway. 250 miles to the tank. Since I upgraded to RockJock 60s, the mileage is worse. I have since purchase another car for everyday driving and I am keeping the Jeep as a trail rig.

So I'm not far off from your mileage and yours is highway. Well hell, this sucks. The up side is my wife really loves it(happy wife=happy life!). It's not my daily driver, it's hers. And she doesn't go more than a few miles to school and back everyday.

Thanks for the info! :)

Top Bottom